A data analytics company with offices in Northern VA has an URGENT need for a Machine Learning Engineer. This person will be responsible for leveraging cloud services to feed multiple data sources into machine learning engines, coordinating the creation, validation, and use of models and the integrattion of predictive results into application workflows. The developer will work within a broader system leveraging multiple distributed processing technologies like Spark, Knime, Elastic Search, and Amazon Web Services. The developer will need to collaborate with data scientists, data integrators, application
developers, and clients in driving innovation, communicating plans/possibilities, and overseeing delivery tasks on small
• Responsibilities:• Ensuring successful deployment of clients analytics solutions and leveraging pre-existing analytics industry
• knowledge and technical integration and development skills to ensure project success
• Disseminating broad knowledge of analytics tools, applications and techniques
• Develop applications which analyze data using descriptive, exploratory, predictive, explanatory, and prescriptive
• methods via automation using the latest machine learning, business intelligence, search, and intelligent data
• Create and modify applications using Java, distributed processing, and web technologies as part of a broader
• development team.
• Research, design, develop, analyze, and modify Cloud-based enterprise-wide systems and applications software.
• Support Agile software development lifecycle management and deliver software meeting customer requirements
• and compliance standards.
• Evaluate the interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of the overall
• system, identify optimizations, and convincingly communicate recommendations to customers and team.
• Provide expertise in the use of Cloud architectures and solutions to support software development in a DevOps
• Leverage complete comprehension and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field
• and apply general knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
• Determine and provide analysis for approach to solutions.
• US Citizenship Required; Top Secret Clearance preferred
• BS degree in CS, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or similar applied quantitative discipline
• Experience in trouble-shooting very complex distributed environments, including following stack traces back to
• code and come up with a root cause
• Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes, preferable including document parsing techniques
• and managing large data sets
• Experience working with Web Services environments, languages, and formats, especially RESTful APIs
• Experience creating multi-step, multi-variate, time series forecasting models
• Familiarity with distributed data processing architectures and frameworks, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SOLR,
• Elastic Search, Kafka, Impala, and Cassandra
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), such as EMR, Glue, Athena, Lambda, and S3
• Experience with Qlik, Oracle BI, Knime, H20.ai, Celect, Informatica, or other Business Intelligence (BI), and machine
• learning technologies a plus
• Applied statistics or data science experience a plus