Sovereign Health San Clemente , CA 92672
The Medical Liaison is responsible for the following of guidelines and implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of all health aspects of the companys programs in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by Sovereign Health. As a member of the clinical team, the Medical Liaison works with medical doctors, specialists and the registered dietician in providing direct client care. Reporting to the Program Director, he/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the company and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists with the self-administration of medication policy to document and observe client medication regimen for all clients of Sovereign at all levels of care.
2. Ensures accurate documentation of medication orders and observes clients during weekly medication counts.
3. Observes clients, charting and reporting changes in clients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment and taking any necessary action.
4. Answer clients' questions regarding the Program Directors orders and determines how to assist them.
5. Measures and records clients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration when required.
6. Evaluates health concerns and directs clients to emergency medical care when required.
7. Works as part of a health care team to assess client needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
8. Reviews medication logs and consults with both clients and physicians regarding refills.
9. Assists the Program Director in overseeing clients at Detox/Residential level, undertaking visits with them at residential facilities if required.
10. Facilitates educational groups on medication management.
11. Provides monitoring and supervision of clients to support non-clinical staff.
12. Performs breath analysis and monitors urine test samples from clients. Documents and records results.
13. Supervises staff members who undertake breath analysis and urine test samples.
14. Completes super-bills and other documentation as required.
15. Is responsible for requesting inventory and the requisition of supplies and instruments (biofeedback, drug screens, breathalyzer, etc.).
16. Is responsible for monthly first aid boxes checks and keeps staff updated of their location ensuring staff access to at least one box at each facility.
17. Maintains compliance with HIPPA regulations, ADA and Joint Commission policies and procedures.
18. All other duties as assigned.
The candidate must have completed an LVN, RN or similar medical program from an accredited school and hold a current state license and/or certification. They must maintain valid CPR/First Aid certification. Depending on the facility, the candidate may be required to maintain a valid Drivers License, auto insurance and a driving record of 3 or fewer points. The individual must be qualified to work with a wide variety of symptoms related to mental health. They must also be willing to work with multi-cultural populations and have an understanding for cultural diversity.
Two years of clinical experience, including experience in a mental health care setting. Experience in dual-diagnosis or eating disorder treatment is preferred. Four years of LVN experience.
Skills and Competency:
The Candidate will show skills and competency in working with clients from undertaking assessments (including risk), planning and delivery of care and review of effective methods of interventions in order to shape continuing service provision which will meet the needs of individuals.
The candidate will have extensive knowledge of a wide variety of medications which are prescribed to clients of Sovereign Health, their uses, dosage amounts and side effects and will work closely with the Medical Director to ensure client safety. The candidate will have competency of working with clients who are undergoing a social model level of detox and support facility staff in monitoring clients.
The successful candidate will have the ability to listen actively when spoken to and effectively communicate their thoughts to others. They will be sensitive to religious, ethnic and cultural differences in others and show respect and empathy. They will be able to work alone but also in a team with fellow staff in the business setting and will actively seek out advice and/or guidance in order to solve problems. The candidate will have good time management skills and will actively seek to accomplish tasks and be able to use a variety of methods and ideas to solve problems whilst also being open to suggestions from others in order to find solutions
Medical, Dental & Vision