Lpn's And Rns From Puerto Rico To Work As Nurse Aides In Canton, NC
RDC Recruiting Services
Canton , NC 28716
Posted 3 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
THIS JOB REQUIRES RELOCATION TO CANTON, NORTH CAROLINA, USA
Nurse Aide Refresher classtakes place from Nov 16th to Nov 21st in Canton, NC. Leave Puerto Rico on Nov 14th
12 month commitment for CNA to LPN/18 month to RN growth pathway
Employer will assist with NCLEX
Looking for four nurses that are interested continuing their pathway of becoming an RN with an 18 month contract
Employer offers short term physical rehabilitation services nestled in the mountains on the banks of the Pigeon River in beautiful Western North Carolina.
Pay scale is $11.00/hr base plus the following shift differentials:
Seeking 3 nurses for 1st shift (7a-7p). +.75/hr
Seeking 1 nurse for 2nd shift (3p-11p).+ 1.25/hr
Seeking 2 nurses for 3rd shift (7p-7a).+ 1.00/hr
The primary purpose of your job is to provide direct care to the residents in kind and safe manner. Must work closely with other nursing personnel and other departments. As an NA-1, you will spend more time with the residents than any other employee. This gives you an opportunity to get to know them and their families. Your observation of the resident provides valuable information for the rest of the health care team. Our residents depend on you to be their eyes, ears, hands, legs and feet. At times, you are a substitute family or the only family they have. This job description is NOT all-inclusive but is meant as a guideline to what is expected of you in your position.
- Giving baths, showers or bed baths.
- Dressing and undressing residents and care of residents clothing. Make sure the residents always look neat and clean.
- Finger and toe nail care (Clipping and cleaning), except residents with Diabetes diagnosis.
- Combing or brushing hair, and ensuring residents have neat hair appearance.
- Shaving residents: for males, facial hair daily; for females, may shave legs, armpits and facial hair.
- Brushing teeth, denture and mouth care twice daily. Remove, clean and soak dentures in denture cup every night.
- Change linens per schedule, making beds daily. All linens and pads soiled with stool must be rinsed before placing in a barrel.
- Assist with resident transfers from bed to chair, chair to toilet, etc. You must use mechanical lifts as required.
- Assist residents with bedpans and urinals, emptying/cleaning as necessary. Measure and record output as required.
- Taking TPR, blood pressure, height and weight.
- Cleansing and drying incontinent residents at least every 2 hours and as needed.
- May give enemas and douches as directed by licensed nurse, as needed.
- Assist with meal trays and feeding residents. Clean and fill water pitchers with ice and fresh water on every shift.
- Observing residents skin for any cuts, bruises or red areas and reporting changes to the charge nurse immediately.
- Using protective measures to keep residents safe.
- Perineal care for residents with a catheter and emptying drainage bags every shift and as needed.
- Providing privacy for residents.
- Proper use of wheelchairs, geri-chairs, maxi-chairs and all other equipment.
- Transporting residents to and from activities and meals.
- Inputting all required data into the Point of Care System. 100% completion is required for each hall on all shifts.
- Keeping residents eyeglasses clean.
- Proper use and handling of hearing aids.
- Washing wheelchairs and all other equipment according to SBV cleaning schedule.
- Attending all required inservices, staff meetings or other meetings.
- Must have a genuine interest in elderly, chronically and terminally ill residents.
- Patience and tact in dealing with people a must.
- Must perform simple repetitive tasks willingly, some involving unpleasant conditions.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Keep a neat appearance, following the dress code as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Be pleasant and courteous at all times.
- Good physical and mental health required. Sits, stands, walks, stoops, turns, reaches, bends, lifts heavy objects and residents throughout the entire shift.
- Manuel dexterity needed for handling equipment.
- Must possess sight/hearing senses (or use prosthetics) to meet job requirements.
- Must be able to speak English in an understandable manner.
- One-way airfare to North Carolina (includes 2 checked bags)
- Housing for 60-90 days
- House fully furnished except for computers
- Wi-Fi and cable