LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
NYS Office For People W/Developmental Disabilities
Buffalo , NY 14224
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Western New York Developmental Disabilities Services Office (WNYDDSO) is a New York State agency (Office for People with Developmental Disabilities or OPWDD) providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities who live in Western New York.
We are looking for LPNs to provide nursing services and direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities who reside in group homes in Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, and Niagara County.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- LPNs at OPWDD, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, are involved in the treatment of people with developmental disabilities;
- LPNs administer medications and injections; perform tube feedings; hang IVs; collect blood samples (if certified for venipuncture); observe patients and report changes in their conditions; take and record temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure; obtain specimens for analysis; and perform other medical procedures as ordered by a physician;
- As an LPN, a candidate must be able to prepare and apply simple dressings; bathe and feed individuals; and care for people in their living quarters by performing such tasks as making beds, changing linens, lifting and moving; and care for any personal needs.
Must have a current license and registration to practice in New York State, or a limited permit to practice in NYS, or an application on file for a limited permit to practice in NYS.
Must also have a valid license to operate a motor vehicle in New York State.
New York State Employee Benefits:
- Paid Leave Benefits
- Health Insurance - various shared-cost plans are available; all plans include prescription drug coverage.
- Dental and Vision coverage - no employee contribution toward the premium.
- NYS Retirement - defined benefit program.
- Salary range includes the posted statutory hiring rate and job rate for CSEA Grade 10 ($38,113 - $46,772) plus the current Geographic Differential of ($2,000). Additional compensation may apply based on shift assignment.
- Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988.
- This title may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer.
- OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER