Reporting to the Sales Supervisor, assist with the outside operations and functions of one or more of the following departments: Dealer Consignment, Factory, Commercial Accounts in accordance with corporate guidelines to ensure maximum dollar sales volume in the most profitable way possible.
Perform all duties assigned by the designated manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1.Perform duties in compliance with all contractual customer agreements.
2.Working with an IPhone App, use AuctionTrac to scan inventory and record the movement of vehicles.
3.Assist in assuring the inventory is in the proper designated areas of the lot at all times.
4.Help with a physical inventory on a periodic basis.
5.Act as liaison between auction and designated accounts as needed.
6.Walk inventory with Rep. Recommend repairs to mechanical and body shop based on the criteria for the account and to generate revenue.
7.Determine which vehicles need outside orders (dent demon, glass, etc.)
8.Review and write repair orders and coordinate with shops for vehicles that need repairs.
9.Working from assigned list, locate, number and place vehicles not needing shop work on spot.
10. Determine or confirm mileage of vehicle for inside administrators. Perform physical verification of year, miles and VIN number of each vehicle before the sale.
11. If required, communicate with Shop and Operational Personnel to ensure an efficient flow of inventory from check in, to inspections, to inventory, to shops, to sale line until vehicle is checked out.
12. If shop work required, may place initial stickers on vehicles for designated shops. May move vehicles requiring services from Mechanical Services Shop, Body Shop or Detail Shop to the proper staging areas at the required time. May assist in verifying units that need shop services are completed and are transported to their respective shops.
13. Flag vehicles, add final stickers, mark numbers on windshield and place on spot for the sale.
14. Walk all vehicles with Reps prior to sale to check the quality of shop work and final recon.
15. Take pictures of inoperable vehicles for the sale as needed (per customer request).
16. Track missing units and assist transporters in locating vehicles.
17. May be responsible to locate redemption units upon request (becomes priority) and assist administrative staff to enable the vehicle to be released to the customer.
18. Use PC and AMS (Auction Management System) to look up information regarding designated vehicles.
19. Use PC to enter repair orders into the VTrace system.
20. May assist in educating the Vehicle Inspectors on the SOP for each account.
21. May ensure arbitrated units are restocked into inventory and proper announcements are made.
22. May identify and add/verify vehicle announcements and reports are accurate for pre-sale.
23. Dealer Consignment: Using basic diagnostic skills, determine if a "no start" vehicle should be moved to the Mechanic Shop
24. Dealer Consignment: Using a hand-held device, may be responsible to create Live Block Listings.
25. Sale Day: May be Responsible for operating gas dollies, lock out tools, or jump pack.
26. Sale Day: Assist with coordination of the sale line to ensure the line runs smoothly.
27. Any other duties assigned by the designated manager.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical activity requirements of the position are from Medium to Heavy Physical Work.
Constant standing, watching, touching and fingering, listening
Frequent walking, talking, reaching, feeling, grasping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting
Occasional climbing, balancing, crawling
Potential running, jumping, yelling, or other rapid or forceful movement in emergency situations
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as electrical current , moving mechanical parts, exposure to hot equipment and cleaning and pesticide chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
Benefits: Be healthy, be prepared, save for tomorrow. Take a closer look at our benefits here.
KAR Auction Services