Loss Prevention Manager
Haynes Furniture Company
Virginia Beach , VA 23450
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Loss Prevention/Safety Manager has the responsibility of administering, implementing and auditing company adherence to safety, security policies and procedures and risk management issues in their assigned area or other areas designated by the Director.
- Safety Inspections:On-site inspections are conducted weekly, including parking lots, building interiors and exteriors. Inspections are conducted with customer and employee safety in mind as well as to ensure compliance with all city, state, and federal (OSHA) laws
- Security:Responsible for the overall security of the store and employees by monitoring and developing awareness training programs. Supervises and trains Guards, LPAs and LPSs needed for these locations and control all paperwork flow. Will observe, control and monitor all overhead doors as needed as dictated by the business to ensure integrity of merchandise flow. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and updating all CCTV systems daily with monthly reporting to the Director of Loss Prevention, Ensures compliance and audits alarm system reports, key control logs and merchandise flow.
- Inventory and Asset Control:Audits processes in receiving, transfers, delivery, customer pickup, cycle counting and sales to ensure compliance with the established policies and procedures. Monitors daily to ensure that all items entering or leaving the building are properly accounted for.
- Risk Management: Collect, investigate, review and compile statistical data related to all workers compensation, general liability and/or business auto claims; attend all court proceedings related to claims
- Personnel Issues: Conduct Criminal History Checks on all applicants and assist in administering drug test. Monitors compliance of the company policies and procedures. Assist Human Resources when requested.
- Provide on-going training to all management on proper security and safety procedures
- Maintain a good working relationship with local law enforcement and fire departments
- Effectively communicate with management to ensure they are kept informed on business impact issues
- Understands and adheres to Company Policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedures manual
- Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by management
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills. Exercise discernment and good judgment. Analyzing options and assessing outcomes. Prioritize effective/efficient time management; ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment;excellent customer skills; demonstrated strict confidentiality and high level ethics.
- While performing the duties of this job, employees are frequently required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse or write. They are regularly required to walk, stand, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling or climbing may be required during inspections. No special vision requirements are needed for this position. Ability to move furniture up to 50lbs alone and up to 100 lbs. with assistance as needed. The job, at times, requires long hours with much of that walking and/or standing. Occasional travel required.
- An Associates Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 3 to 7 years experience in at least one of the related fields. Wicklander-Zulawski or Reid preferred
- Able to develop, institute and monitor programs and people in the related areas under supervision. Basic management and supervisory skills are required. Basic Computer Skills, Microsoft Office.
- Must be flexible with work schedules and be available, as needed to support the needs of the business.