Logistics Supervisor - 2Nd Shift
New Albany , OH 43054
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Alene Candles Midwest is seek a Logistics Supervisor on 2nd shift to manage the flow of materials from suppliers and customers required to support production. Accountable to obtain optimum productivity, efficiency, quality, safety, and economy of operations by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel. Will be directly responsible for receiving, warehousing, and inventory accuracy. This role reports to the Logistics Manager.
- Coordinates inbound domestic and international logistics operations, such as receiving and warehouse activities, safety performance, and logistics quality management.
- Managing day-to-day warehouse operations to include receiving, line staging and inventory control. Responsible for the creation of daily pick lists for staging materials needed in production. Manage transfer of material between various Alene warehouses and off site warehouses.
- Ensures appropriate staffing, training, and evaluation of departmental personnel insuring skill levels to meet the needs of the business in the most efficient manner.
- Working knowledge of warehouse operations including bar code scanning experience.
- Maintain Alene standards of performance and comply with housekeeping, policies and procedures.
- Promote safety as a core value to the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in a variety of formats is a requirement.
- Role model for conscious leadership.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Schedule is 5:00pm-3:30am
- Associates Degree
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Capable of creating work instructions and operating procedures
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Sound understanding of ERP systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates great leadership/leads by example
- Fair and consistent application of company policies
Alene Candles offers health, dental, and vision insurance, healthcare reimbursement account, FSA, 401k with company match, life insurance, short term disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid volunteer day, and many other benefits!
Alene Candles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.