Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Remedy is working with a logistics company to fill their specialist position! This is a full-time permanent position in a state-of-the-art office building. Great perks and benefits. This is an office position that will be primarily working on the computer and answering the phones. Room for growth! The company hires for this role every few months and promotes from within! Pay is $14 - 16/hr depending on experience! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
This role will provide up to the minute status on all domestic and international shipments. Provide day to day guidance to the proof of delivery specialist.
- Checks on shipment status with airlines and truckers (via on-line tracking tools or through telephone contact)
- Upon determining shipments are not moving to accommodate service level requested, determines most cost effective, service level focused routing and book accordingly
- Work closely with international agents in a constant effort to ensure items are pre-cleared and proof of deliveries and charges have been faxed
- Assists in answering all inbound calls
- Remains current on cargo security standards
- May perform other duties as required or directed
You must have:
- Prior experience in freight forwarding and / or transportation preferred
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision on a daily basis
- Strong organizational and customer service skills are required
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work in an environment with time critical requirements, and requires a sense of urgency and multi-tasking. Time management skills required.
- High school degree required, college degree preferred
- Exposure to military shipping requirements preferred
- Basic math skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office including word and excel
- Exposure to shipping software preferred