VIEW JOBS11/18/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-16T00:006016 N. Nina Avenue
Norwood Crossing is a nonprofit healthcare organization specializing in quality senior care. Our facility is located on the northwest side of Chicago in the quaint neighborhood of Norwood Park. Our organization is seeking a full-time and part-time certified nursing assistant to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will pride themselves on displaying professionalism, providing top notch care, and having the enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
Assists nursing personnel in provision of basic care for Residents and necessary unit tasks and functions in compliance with Norwood Crossing policies, procedures, and applicable health care standards of IDPH.
* Must have valid Certified Nursing Assistant Certification and CPR Certification for the state of Illinois.
* Preferred candidate lives within 15 miles of the facility.
* Ability to make independent decisions and judgements while adhering to policies and procedures
* Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, regulatory agency personnel and the general public
* Must be able to work every other weekend
* Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screening, and back evaluation
* Anticipate and perform all care for Residents in accordance with their individualized Plan of Care
* Engage in positive interactions with Residents, staff, visitors and family members
* Prioritize patients in an organized manner to ensure their personal care needs are met at all times.
* Perform all ADL responsibilities for Residents as required while supporting and assisting Residents in providing self-care
* Report all changes in the Resident's condition to your supervisor as soon as possible (example reddened skin)
* Report all accidents, abuse and incidents you observe immediately
* Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures and Resident's care plan as instructed by your supervisors (Baths BM records I&O Meal % - toilet Residents turn Residents)
* Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of Residents
* Develop and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, respect and positive emphasis, as well as a caring atmosphere throughout the unit and shift within interactions with Residents, staff and family.
* Provides general comfort measures to patients including, but not limited to; positioning, turning, back rubs, linen change, sitting, and walking.
* Care for patients in a manner that demonstrates understanding of their cognitive, physical, emotional, and age specific needs
* Medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverages for full time employees. 401k plan
* Flexible spending account
* Credit union membership
* Annual wellness screening & flu vaccine
* Tuition reimbursement ($2000.00) for full time employees after one year
* Free parking
* Free Meal per shift
* Adjacent public transit systems include: Metra, CTA Blue Line, Bus.
We provide a generous benefits package, along with shift differentials.
VIEW JOBS11/18/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-16T00:00CLASS TITLE: Part Time Security - Security Supervisor
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CLASS: Under general supervision, provides security and safety services at assigned Chicago Public Schools' facilities and performs related duties as required.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Reviews the work of various security staff at assigned locations, serves as a liaison between the Chicago Public Schools and the City of Chicago Department of Police and other law enforcement agencies, assists engineer custodians in matters concerning fire safety and the security of supplies and equipment stored at assigned locations, identifies building security requirements, including electronic devices; responsible for the continual review and assessment of site security, and recommends revisions and improvements in overall security; ensures the observation of facilities and surrounding property to reduce opportunities for vandalism, loitering, and other criminal acts; notifies supervisory personnel of security infractions and irregular activities in and around assigned facilities.
DESIREABLE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Training and Experience: Graduation from high school, or G.E.D. equivalent, with at least two years of experience as a Police Officer with the City of Chicago, or an equivalent combination or training and experience.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skill: Considerable knowledge of various methods of providing site security and safety, thorough knowledge of basic safety rules and regulations.
Ability to exercise good judgment when responding to security and safety violations and emergencies.
Demonstrated skill in the application of the principles of law enforcement and security and safety, excellent oral and written communication skills, considerable skill in using good judgment to evaluate situations and make decisions.
'212581Chicago Public SchoolsChicagoIL
VIEW JOBS11/18/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-16T00:00Oak Street Health is a network of value-based neighborhood primary care centers throughout the Midwest. Oak Street operates an innovative model that drives patient engagement, improves health outcomes, and manages medical costs for the older adult population. In this virtuous cycle: every dollar saved is another dollar we can reinvest to improve patient care. Our model supports our social mission of improving the health and happiness of our patients and the community.
The Part Time Outreach Associate (OA) is responsible for adding new patients to an Oak Street Health center. Working on the center's 6-person outreach team, the OA meets with seniors, their adult children, and community influencers to educate prospective patients and to schedule their initial welcome visit with the neighborhood doctor. Specific responsibilities include:
* We have a three step process for attracting and acquiring new patients:
* We participate in activities and events in our local community. These include health fairs, presentations at senior buildings, activities at churches, food pantries, and practically any place where there are a group of older adults. We discuss our services, gather contact information, and follow up via phone to invite prospective patients into our community center.
* Activities in our community center include entertaining parties, bingos, trivia and karaoke. We also host regular educational events on specific health topics, benefit programs, ESL and creative writing classes. Finally, we meet with individuals one on one to address their specific concerns.
* We encourage eligible prospects to attend a welcome visit with our doctor and care team to experience the Oak Street Health care model.
* A large portion of our day is spent calling and following up with people we have met and who have not yet become patients.
* Conduct individual and small group presentations discussing the benefits of Oak Street health with the intention of scheduling initial physical exams
* Develop a network of referrals and service providers to continuously prospect new patients
* Outreach associates develop strong relationships with the people in their community.
* Availability to work some weekends is a must, as Outreach Associates generally work at least two Saturday or weekend events per month.
The OA reports to the Outreach Director for their center.
What we're looking for
This is a highly selective position. Ideal candidates will have:
* A track record of success in work, athletics, or academics
* A very strong desire to do meaningful work that dramatically improves the lives of older adults.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills. You must be passionately persuasive and relentlessly helpful.
* You must have a car that you can use every day to drive to events and activities in your community.
* US work authorization
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can't be found in other workplaces, including:
* Brand new, beautiful working environment
* Supportive and fun culture
* High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
* Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.
Oak Street HealthChicagoIL