This National Guard position is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number D1963000 part of the AR ANG 188 LGR SQ, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
Summary of Duties:
(1) Serves as the program manager for the Integrated Deployment System (IDS); Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning and Execution Segments (DCAPES), Contingency Operations/Mobility Planning and Executive System (COMPES), Logistics Module-Base Level (LOGMOD-B), Automated Air Load Planning System (AALPS), and Cargo Movement Operations System (CMOS).
(2) Ensures that all systems interface within IDS. Serves as the subject matter expert for COMPES to assist the Wing Commander and Logistics Officer in selecting, deploying and monitoring contingency forces. Maintains LOGMOD-B and the Logistics Detail (LOGDET) data, assists in designing logistics packages to meet Operation Plans (OPLAN) tasking, and coordinates with tasked units to ensure compliance and accuracy of systems.
(3) Oversees the management and production of AALPS products. Provides continuous guidance and instruction to units on COMPES, Logistic Detail-Base Level (LOGDET-B) data and Manpower/ Personnel Module-Base Level (MANPER-B) matters.
Coordinates both LOGMOD-B and MANPER-B portions of COMPES for input and processing. Produces COMPES data to support wartime activities and Operations Other Than War (OOTW) required by units to mobilize and deploy equipment and personnel.
(4) Reviews resource/logistics plans, programs, and deployment activities with the senior officer to insure authorized mobility equipment is available or on order, and assure that the equipment is properly budgeted. In conjunction with the senior officer, develops program priorities and determines dollar requirements.
(5) As directed, develops loadplans and analyzes transportation requirements for the wing and units. Schedules all requirements through AMC and MTMC to ensure personnel and equipment arrive according to planned tasking.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard.
Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Military Grades: (E-7)MSgt to (E-8)SMSgt
IMPORTANT NOTES (AS APPLICABLE): Upon selection for this position, individual must possess or initiate a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation. A favorable determination based upon investigative results is mandatory for this position. Upon selection, must complete mandatory Full-Time Support (FTS) Training at the Professional Education Center (PEC) within six months of assignment (if applicable, training will be coordinated by the supervisor). Individual must meet all military requirements of the position without creating a grade inversion, as determined by the Human Resources Office (HRO). Technicians will not be militarily senior to their full-time supervisor or wage leader (Grade Inversion). Selectee may be subject to uncommon duties, rotational shift assignments and overtime duties.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience, education or training involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training identifying activities involving logistical support operations.
Experience integrating the actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to develop a comprehensive logistics plan. Experience monitoring such functions as program planning, resource and fiscal management, training, manpower management, and/or automated data processing to meet the logistics plan. Experience identifying delays or problems and developing corrective actions. Experience working with people from various levels and backgrounds to elicit their cooperation to perform specific tasks, and complying with regulations, laws, or practices.
PLACEMENT FACTORS: Applicants should demonstrate through prior experience, education and training the following: (1) Experience that provided a detailed knowledge of organizations and their functions that provide logistical support. (2) Experience integrating the actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to meet program goals. (3) Ability to monitor such functions as program planning, resource and fiscal management, training, manpower management, and/or automated data processing to meet the logistics plan and identify delays or problems. (4)Skill in adjusting plans and schedules. (5) Experience in working with people from various levels and backgrounds to elicit their cooperation to perform specific tasks, or comply with regulations, laws or practices.(6) Upon selection, must be a member of the 188WG, AR ANG and assigned to a compatible military position in AFSC R2G091.
Contact HRO with questions regarding your application BEFORE the closing date.
DO NOT COPY THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS WORD FOR WORD AND PLACE INTO YOUR RESUME; YOU MUST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AS IT PERTAINS TO EACH STATEMENT.
Checking the status of your application:
To better serve our members, the Technician Recruitment and Placement (R&P) section at AR HRO has implemented a new process for checking the status of an application. Applicants must send an email to email@example.com. In your email request, please provide us with the Announcement Number of the position you applied for.
This change requires some forethought on the part of the applicant. With this new process in place, applicants can expect to have a response from the AR HRO R&P section within 2 duty days. That being said, applicants checking their application status the day before a job closes stand the chance of not receiving a review.
Our goal is not to refrain from hearing from our customers, but rather to make the process more efficient for us all. Our members are our number one priority and we want to deliver high quality customer service.
Department Of Defense