Chicago , IL 60604
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for providing logistical support and customer service to overseas affiliates, clients, vendors, truck drivers, and manufacturing team members to process inbound/outbound shipments of raw materials and finished products.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for custom clearance on shipment overseas and coordinating domestic transportation in a cost-efficient manner.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction and on-time delivery.
- Responsible for the storage, shipment and quality throughout process of all products both arriving and leaving our facility.
- Oversee all logistics and storage. Direct and lead the team and equipment strategic organization for success.
- Reviews the operation of logistics equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve safety, quality, and efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant shipping program based on best practices in the steel and wire industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive shipping.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving logistics and solving shipping-related problems.
- Negotiate, route, and book domestic shipments.
- Coordinate and monitor all scheduled inbound and outbound shipments.
- Receive customer service calls from all clients.
- Complete all relevant shipping documents.
- Alert Shipping department on shipment details and any special instructions.
- Ensure that all customer guidelines are followed to reduce chargebacks.
- Regularly communicate with customers and provide latest shipment status.
- Recognize potential problems with delivery schedules to expediting orders as needed.
- Coordinating moves with warehouse and support staff.
- Work closely with Accounting Department to coordinate vendor payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, logistics or transportation.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in overseeing logistics projects, and or experience in manufacturing environment preferred or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Knowledgeable of freight and trucking industry.
- Attention to project detail and the development of alternative plans to ensure satisfactory delivery of products.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff and vendors.
- Self- motivated and function independently with limited supervision in performing all job duties and responsibilities.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must be flexible to work overtime/weekend as needed.
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple projects.
This job operates in a production office environment, including offices, warehouse, and storerooms. Maybe exposed to elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit or stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in posted areas of the plant, including safety glasses, ear plugs, high visibility safety vest, and safety metatarsal shoes.
- Able to pull/lift between 20-50 lbs.