Localhost Event Operator - The Block
Nerd Street Gamers
Philadelphia , PA
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Nerd Street Gamers provides an opportunity for gamers to gain knowledge in competitive esports competitions, and they also are home to a community of like-minded amateur competitors. Our product offering includes facilities, event management, and broadcast production with an underlying software framework that ties it all together. In short, were helping to build the infrastructure of esports. And were looking for talented, high-energy team members who can collaborate in a professional-minded, high-paced environment.
A successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of esports titles, exceptional customer service, and an ability to facilitate an immersive experience within their four walls. The Localhost Event Operator will assist in executing local event programming, special events, and camp activities.
- Execution of assigned tournaments, special events, series, and circuits.
- Tracking of event results, statistics and payout information.
- Ensure competitive integrity in tournaments.
- Tournament bracketing and formatting creation.
- Lead community outreach for assigned tournaments, series, and circuits.
- Collaborate with Event Lead and Localhost Store Manager on tournament goals and/or client needs.
- Assisting with event setup and teardown.
- Facilitate the experience during events by engaging with guests and competitors throughout the duration of the events.
- Oversees onsite youth camp responsibilities.
- Connect and communicate with local gaming communities.
- Customer service as needed.
- Operational support at the manager's discretion.
- Majority of work to be experienced during evenings and weekends.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of multiple games and rule sets.
- Competitive gaming experience required.
- Prior experience working with children ages 9-18 is a plus.
- Background clearance required as well as fingerprinting.
- High energy, positive attitude with a can do mentality, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Customer focus; pleasant.
- Ability to be organized and efficient, self-starter.