Performs psychosocial assessments and on-going direct social work services to patients and families. Participates in formulating and implementing discharge plans. Identifies unmet psychosocial needs and develops programs to address those needs. Participates in educational activities.
1.Obtains data from patients and/or family members to assess psycho-social needs and/or health problems and determine the need for social work and/or eligibility for specific service.
2.Formulates and documents in the medical record an individualized plan of care for patient in a timely manner, in compliance with departmental guidelines.
3.Provides a wide range of social work services, i.e., direct counseling services, resource management, etc. in accordance with departmental guidelines.
4.Coordinates, consults and liaisons with appropriate preventative, protective or supportive agencies that represent patients who are believed to be threatened with situations detrimental to their well-being.
5.Consults with staff concerning psycho-social medical problems affecting recovery and rehabilitation of patients.
6.Advocates for the rights and needs of patients/families in team meetings, discharge planning rounds and with community agencies.
7.Initiates, develops and coordinates activities of the psycho-social services program with other institutions or agencies, as required.
8.Interprets psycho-social services program policies and procedures to patients/ families, staff and community organizations.
9.Reviews and analyzes case records and prepares reports in a timely manner as requested.
10. Obtains and interprets information related to patient needs, as appropriate to the ages of patients served.
11. Plans and/or conducts educational programs for other professional disciplines within the health care setting and/or community, as requested.
12. Represents the institution in community, professional or lay organizations, as requested.
13. Attends and participates in professional associates, activities and programs, as requested.
14. Participates in all mandated staff meetings. Participates in continuing education and in-service training as required.
15. Utilizes supervision in order to expand knowledge and skills in regard to specific job and other areas of job performances. Completes essential documentation required by department and in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
16. Reviews, evaluates and develops policies and procedures within the department specific to their assignment.
17. Performs related duties as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Required to lift less than 5 lbs. Approximately 20 times per day for short durations in order to transport medical records for documentation.
Master's Degree in Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, required.
Must have NYS license and Registration
Minimum of three (3) years varied social work experience, including experience in an acute care hospital, required. (Specialized experience may be required, depending on assigned area).
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values:
Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment.
Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
Northern Westchester Hospital