Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Litigation Support Specialist
Albuquerque , NM 87101
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Strativia delivers technical and professional services to both government (federal, state & local) and commercial organizations worldwide. Our core services include: Web & Application Development, Big Data & Analytics, Cloud & Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Program & Administrative Management, Management Consulting, Logistics and Operations, Integrated Facilities Management, and Staff Support. We work with our clients in a spirit of collaboration and true partnership by understanding their needs and delivering real results. We have seen tremendous growth in the past few years and expect that to continue for many years to come.
Strativia understands that our staff is our number one asset. Therefore, we provide competitive salaries and health benefits along with a robust training and development plans to help ensure that our employees are happy and motivated. If you are interested in the opportunity below please contact us an join a dynamic, fun and, fast growing organization.
We are currently looking to hire a ligitation support specialist to support our client at the US district Attorney's office in New Mexico. The successful candidate will have experience as a law clerk and possess a bachelors degree.RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hours of Work
- Implement a user-friendly document management system(s) where all ACE personnel can efficiently store, review, and analyze documents;
- Work with ACE personnel, investigators, federal agents, and support staff to determine the most effective strategy to meet litigation needs.
- Review and analyze documents produced to the USAO, including but not limited to creating queries, tagging documents, and writing up analyses, summaries and chronologies of reviewed documents.
- Train and assist ACE personnel on document management systems and in organizing voluminous case information for efficient retrieval through automated means such as scanning, indexing, and controlling of documents into a database or other digital storage.
- Ensure that documents are organized for efficient automated storage and retrieval by preparing appropriate indices, defining data file search criteria, and indexing/coding fields. Monitor the progress of computer data entry effort. Log.
- Organize, and track all discovery and non-discovery materials using various software review programs (i.e., Eclipse, Relativity, Excel, Word).
- Identify software packages such as: databases, spreadsheets and word processing applications based on the effectiveness of (1) presenting complex and voluminous evidence, (2) producing graphic demonstrative evidence, and (3) meeting individual user needs.
- Use software programs to assist ACE personnel in presentations (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Case Map, Trial Director).
- Prepare witness books, exhibit lists and witness lists for submission to court, and exhibits to be utilized at trial and hearings, and synchronization of exhibits with Trial Director for exhibition in the courtroom. When necessary, coordinate with vendors to ensure that exhibits are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Perform work that involves communicating through visual means. Determine the placement and appearance of visual materials that will most effectively convey the information to the court, jury, and/or witnesses. Prepare photo boards, maps, charts and other demonstrative exhibits required for litigation.
- Use Trial Director (or other trial presentation software) during trials. Prepare computerized trial presentation programs. Ensure computers and DVD/TV recording equipment is in place in courtrooms. Operate systems in the courtroom as needed. Trouble shoot all technical issues related to computerized presentation of exhibits.
- Train attorneys, legal assistants and agency personnel on a wide range of court related software and the use of such software prior to and during trial.
: 40 hours per week, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PMLocation of Work
: United States Attorneys Office, 201 3rd
St N.W. Suite 900, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102Start Date
: September 15, 2018Strativia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Strativia in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets