Morgan & Morgan
Melbourne , FL 32901
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Check request for medical records and mail all checks requested
- Follow-up on medical records requests.
- Obtain and maintain necessary information for each file that includes calls to client for death certificates, autopsy reports, etc. and follow-up to make sure that the documents are provided.
- Prepare and send medical records/x-ray films to Experts.
- Prepare Affidavits to send to Experts.
- Respond to Pre-suit Discovery, once a NOI is done.
- Answer Interrogatories.
- Schedule Hearings and prepare necessary documents for the Hearing. (e.g Motion to Compel hearings).
- Trial Preparation that include reservations to and from trial, etc.
- Turndown Memos
- Trial updates for the department (Due monthly)
- All scheduling assignments that include telephone conferences with Experts, clients, pre-deposition conferences, and depositions. (Contact Court Reporter and set-up telephonic conferences for all depositions).
- Generate Investigative Turndowns per Attorneys request.
- Create To-Do tasks
- Update Outlook calendar and Red Diary
The successful candidate will possess 5-7 years of litigation experience, and have strong knowledge of federal and state statutes, court rules, forms, processes and procedures. Must have experience answering discovery, trial and mediation preparation, and have the ability to summarize depositions and medical records. Should be able to adapt in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage a high volume case load.