Linux/Windows Systems Engineer
Columbia , MD 21044
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Why Work at SI?Secure Innovations (SI)
successfully and continuously strives to become experts in the Cybersecurity field by only focusing on Cyber! Because of this, we proudly stand behind our motto, "We're Not Standard Cyber. We're the Cyber Standard."SI was built on the principle that people matter first and foremost. Our focus is on PEOPLE - our employees and our customers. SI believes in providing a strong work/life balance byinvesting in our employees and encouraging professional and personal growth. We do this by offering exceptional benefits, flexible schedules, and thetools necessary to achievesuccess through paid training, mentoring, and the opportunity to work alongside top-notch security professionals.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
WHAT YOULL NEED:
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for the client window server devices.
- Provides Tier 1 through Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
- Installation and troubleshooting of various Linux applications.
- Candidate must be able to coordinate and partner with various work centers, network engineers/administrators, and customer organizations in the execution of daily tasks.
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent teaming skills and a positive, customer-focused attitude.
- Strong Linux system administration skills with general Red Hat Linux system administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum system availability.
- Must be able to configure and manage Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS.
- Must be able to use and troubleshoot servers running CENTOS6,7, and 8. Redhat 6,7, and 8., with direct attached and FC SAN storage.
- Enterprise client server configurations.
- Fielded systems.
- Blade systems and associated interconnects (FC, TCP/IP, etc.).
- Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- Centrify Installation, Configuration, and Management.
- Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, Splunk, Sendmail, Exchange.
- NoMachine NX.
- Must possess current/active TS/SCI with FSP
- Master's Degree and 4 years' experience, Bachelor's Degree and 6 years experience, Associate's Degree and 8 years experience, or High School Grad and 10 years experience in System Administration.
- Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CSA+.