Linux/Cisco UCS Administrator
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
CORTEK, a DecisionPoint company, is seeking aLinux/Cisco UCS Administrator
to implement and support enterprise-class Linux Servers and Virtualization Technologies in support of the Department of State, Bureau of Global Talent Management's Integrated Personnel Management System (IPMS).Responsibilities & Duties:
- The Linux/Cisco UCS administrator must be able to support weekend infrastructure and release nights (typically once or twice a month on Fridays from 7 p.m. Midnight and Saturday 6:00am 6:00pm). The Linux/Cisco UCS administrator must be able work until 6 p.m. daily (9:30 a.m. 6 p.m.)
- Experience implementing & supporting enterprise-class Linux Servers and Virtualization Technologies
- Solid understanding of Linux operating system (OEL, RHEL) and server hardware
- Support Cisco UCS Blade System hardware Infrastructure.
- Serve as the administrator of server hardware and operating systems; monitor, report, and resolve system problems; propose policies and procedures relating to systems administration, security, and data storage; and assist in the implementation of such policies and procedures.
- Manage trouble-ticketing system ensuring accurate and up-to-date information.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and patch operating systems, network operating systems, system utility software, applications, and third party software on commonly used operating systems.
- Configure, and maintain virtual server environment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain backup and disaster recovery plans for servers.
- Create and maintain scripts for the automation of server processes.
- Maintain updated local documentation on all aspects of servers and other equipment.
- Maintain policies, procedures and tools.
- Experience with Linux OS builds, installation and configuration
- Experience with industry standard blade/rack platforms.
- Experience with performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Scripting or programming background is a plus
- Good understanding of Operating Systems security
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Good understanding of Networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, sub netting, TCP/IP, SSH, NFS)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision within and across teams.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelors degree or eight (8) years relevant work experience in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Minimum five (5) plus years of experience for Linux.
- Minimum two (2) plus years of experience for Cisco UCS.
- Expert level knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Linux(OEL) and RHEL
- Expert level knowledge of Server hardware and technologies (Cisco UCS)
- Knowledge of Windows Server Technologies
- Knowledge of SAN and Enterprise Storage Technologies
- Knowledge Active Directory and LDAP
- Knowledge of automation, orchestration, and configuration management
What youll get!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with teams to ensure service objectives are met
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and prioritize work while responding flexibly to rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and able to make sense of complex and logical problems quickly.
- Strong team skills with colleagues and users in pursuit of delivering high quality services while maintaining targets.
- Ability to work unsupervised and uses initiative when necessary.
- Industry Certification for Linux/Cisco desired.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Immediately- vested 401k with employer matching
- 100% Employer Paid Dental and Vision coverage
- Comprehensive Medical
- Competitive PTO
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.