Linux Systems Programmer
San Diego , CA 92121
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job Summary: The System Programmer is responsible for ensuring the installation and performance of an operating system. This position handles all aspects of the OS, from design and deployment to upgrades and bug resolution. The mission-critical nature of this position requires system programmers work well under pressure.
- Planning hardware and software system upgrades and changes in configuration
- Customizes both the hardware and software to meet demands without compromising the performance of other programs or the system
- Prepares system software installation by studying software capabilities and operations, including task scheduling, memory management, file system, and input and output requirements.
- Executes hardware and software updates including the middleware and application programs that run on the system.
- Loads system software efficiently. Follows established processes and develops new processes when needed.
- Specifies and develops code changes to correct work stoppages and errors.
- Documents all system software changes and revisions in a record keeping system.
- Determines optimal configuration of operating system and hardware to meet required levels of service. Performs system wide-tuning as needed. Adjusts configuration based on application performance.
- Detects work stoppage or errors by conducting tests; monitoring output.
- Optimizes system efficiency by analyzing performance indicators; changing software.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Controls access to system by monitoring program usage.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Extensive experience of servers, networking, hardware, network design, interfaces, routing, and diagnostics
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting web services and/or applications
- Strong project management skills with the ability to communicate clearly with peers as well as management and provide technical leadership to more junior team members
- Skill in the use of scripting languages
- Experience evaluating and negotiating security requirements in IT Operations
- Knowledge of storage technologies such as RAID, Disk Encryption, Linux File Systems, and Cluster File Systems
- Experience with systems resource monitoring/benchmarking for key performance
- Experience with kernel and system optimization
- Experience performing hands-on analysis of production systems, fault resolution, capacity planning, and root cause analyses for critical issues
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field. An additional 3 years experience may be considered in lieu of the degree.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, with extensive knowledge of Linux system administration, specifically RedHat
- Proficiency with Operating systems (Red Hat, Linux, UNIX, and z/OS) and build environment.
- Ability to read and understand programming concepts in C/C++
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of haproxy, keepalived, and HTTPD
- RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) or RHCA (Red Hat Certified Architect) certification
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: The employee is required to remain in a stationary position for the majority of the time, move as necessary, operate computer, communicate and exchange information via telephone, text and email.
Security Clearance: The start of the security clearance process is up to the discretion of the company and may begin no later than the successful completion of the first 90 days of employment, and commensurate with job requirements and the needs of the business. Successful completion of the security clearance process may not be required for every position but all candidates must be willing to submit to the process if requested by their manager according to the requirements of the position and business needs.
CliniComp, Intl. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. EEO/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disabled