Linux System Administrator/Analyst
Clifton Roland Watkins Innovations
Annapolis Junction , Maryland 20701
Posted 1 month ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Linux System Administrator/AnalystMust have active Top Secret/SCI with Full Poly to apply
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide network/system architecture and network/system administration experience to maintain and enhance a customer network and custom data processing system that includes Linux servers, mySQL/MariaDB databases and customer data ingest processing code. Recommend architectural changes to increase capacity, improve reliability and simplify maintenance. Past work performing forensic data processing a distinct plus.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
- At least 8-18 years of general experience as a systems analyst.
- At least five (5) years of experience in systems analysis, engineering design, and communications application on complex information systems, database management, the use of programming languages that support systems (i.e, Perl, C++, mySQL and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
- Broad Red Hat Linux administration
A bachelors degree in computer science or engineering may be substituted for four (4) years of general experience as a System Analyst.
- Broad Red Hat Linux administration is required. Must also have experience with several of the following: NFS, Authentication and Access, DNS, Cisco IOS TCP/IP, Workstation Support, VMware virtualization, Data Domain De-duplication, Isilon NAS storage, NetApp File storage.
- Enterprise Class Storage experience
- LAN knowledge
- Proxy servers
- Help implement and improve customer Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) including regular backup and recovery activities for large data sets as well as disaster planning.
- Provide architecture design, coordination and support for staff office moves. Understanding customer power/space/cooling approval processes strongly preferred.
- Credible experience supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with outside organizations to resolve network, system, server or other problems
- Experience in a customer-facing role developing system requirements and CONOPS
- Planning and using resources effectively; orchestrating multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish work
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
CRW Innovations is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.