Inns Of Aurora
Auburn , NY 13021
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Inns of Aurora are run by a passionate, creative, and hardworking team. Were committed to the beautiful and bountiful Finger Lakes. Were committed to providing authentic and immersive experiences for our guests. And were committed to one another. We hope it shows in all we do.
Full-time employees are eligible for paid time off and competitive medical, dental, life insurance, and 401K benefits.
We are particularly proud to offer all of our employees a highly competitive employee discount at all of our lodging and dining properties.
Our Executive Chef Patrick Higgins shares his story and highlights our culture and our team's passion. Watch now: http://bit.ly/IoAPatrickStory
Under the direction of the Sous Chef and Executive Chef, the Line Cook is responsible for providing quality and consistent cuisine to the patrons of the luxurious Aurora Inn restaurant.
- Prep food for service each day, including chopping vegetables, butchering meat, preparing sauces, etc.
- Prepare food items beginning with established recipes
- Operate all basic kitchen equipment with efficiency
- Fabricate meat, fowl and fish
- Ensure compliance of all health code standards and safety requirements
- Check quality, presentation and expiration of all foods
- Work in team-oriented fashion in accordance with other line chefs and kitchen team
- Ensure all supplies are clean and placed back into proper storage area after use
- Clean stations, dispose of garbage, clean cooking surfaces, etc. during and after shifts
- Sweep and Mop workstations at close of shift, as needed
- Stock stations with proper equipment and food items
- Assist with special events, as required
- Attend all mandatory training and meetings
- Other duties, as assigned
- Cross-train at other Inns of Aurora operations, as needed.
- Adhere to all Inns of Aurora disciplinary policies and code of conduct, as outlined in the Inns of Aurora handbook.
- 1-3 years high quality food service experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Highly developed sense of aesthetic and creativity
- Possess a working knowledge of basic knife skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively under fast-paced working conditions
- Ability to maintain neat, professional and clean appearance and practices
- Flexibility with hourly schedules, including weekend, holiday and evening availabilities
- Previous experience in a pub-style restaurant
- ServSafe certification