Devil's Thumb Ranch
Winter Park , CO 80482
Posted 5 days ago
- PT & FT Year-Round
- 128 hours of Paid Time Off if FT, Year Round employment status
- Affordable furnished housing, if working a minimum of 35 hours/week or more
- Health, Dental & Life & Vision Insurances, plus 401k Employer Match of up to $2,000 annually--if FT, Year-Round employment status
- Employer-sponsored monthly events such as Avalanche, Rockies& Nuggets games, Zip-lining, Snow-tubing, Hiking, Bowling, Recreation Center, etc.
- Employer-sponsored Softball and Hockey leagues
- Wellness Program opportunities including meditation, complimentary daily Yoga, trail running & mountain-biking workshops
- 25% discounts at all Devil's Thumb Ranch restaurants, activities including Trail Rides, and Spa Treatments
- Overtime for hours worked over 40/week
- Discounted Winter Park Ski Resort season pass (available annually in season)or 1/2 price Grand Park Rec Center Pass
- Referral bonus of $250 if we hire someone you refer
"The mountains are calling and I must go..." for more than just a weekend! Join a growing, fast-paced team of hardworking, passionate, and adventurous individuals who strive to improve themselves and the Ranch every day. From multiple food & beverage outlets, to the stables, to the Spa, Devil's Thumb Ranch offers many "spokes" of opportunity to keep the wagon wheel turnin'.Our mission at Devils Thumb Ranch is to offer guests and employees the true, premier Colorado experience. Working here means surrounding yourself with the great outdoors and the rugged individualism the West has always been known for. Living in Grand County offers opportunities to visit Rocky Mountain National Park, Grand Lake, Lake Granby and Winter Park Ski Resort. From epic mountain biking to the growing music scene, its a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to strengthen your skills across a variety of departments in an incredible setting.By joining the team, you'll benefit from some of the same special experiences that make the Ranch an unsurpassed guest retreat: access to hiking and Nordic ski trails, discounts at all restaurant outlets, and fun, free employee events. Other great perks that come with the gig include: discounts on lodging, activities, meals and spa treatments, along with transitional affordable housing and free shuttle service.Devil's Thumb Ranch is the choice Colorado employer that you have been searching for. Join us!Overall Description:
Devil's Thumb Ranch in Tabernash, Colorado is currently seeking talented cooks that are looking to take their career to the next level. Applicantsmust have a strong appreciation for Saute and classic cuisine, as well as be motivated by modern technique.Opportunities exist for advancement in our high-end steak house andour Italian restaurant in Winter park. We are a teaching culinary department rooted in classic cuisine, while keeping a firm footing in modern technique. Our goal is to advance our team members'careers byeducating, providing quality hands on experience, and real world application. We have a Wagyu cattle program that is growing to be one of the largest herds in the country. We are in process of designing a large greenhouse project, which will make use of low level lighting, vertical growing, and compost heating. We have planned 2 closure dates a year in which our Chef will try and assist securingstages for team members around the country.Principal Purpose of Job:
TheSaute/Grill/Pantry/Garde Manger Cook (opportunities exist in all facets) is responsibleforpreparing items as per the recipe, adhering to portioning and quality standards set by the Chefs. Knowledge of basic line cooking skills and plate presentation.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing items as per recipe, portion and quality standards set byall chefs.
- Responsible for the preparation of items to be cooked on the stove top and baked in the oven,includingbuilding sauces a la minute and often saucing grill items; knowledge of basic saut/grilltechniques; preparing and plating vegetables.
- Break down cuts of meat/fish and portion them accordingly.
- Familiarity with approved and sage cooking temperatures.
- Familiarity with poaching, oven poaching, baking, searing of food items and stir fry techniques.
- Familiarity with the classic building of sauces for meats, fish and pastas.
- Stores meats and fish appropriately.
- Works closely with grill cook in the timing and preparation of food items.
- Oversees the set-up of the saut station, including ice and the prep of such saut items as chopped garlic.
- Maintaining food quality and producing food for Heck's Tavern with minimal waste.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Assist in Kitchen prep.
- Must be able to multi-task and plan effectively.
- Complete opening and closing side work to assist back of house and front of house operations.
- Ensure Ranch Mission is executed.
- Assistin all F&B outlets when needed.
- Knowledge of Events and Ranch Wide areas of the property.
Hard working,able to work independently,good listening skills, &ateam playerPhysical Demands:
Abilityto lift 50 pounds, general cleaning, set up, walking a lot, and able to stand for long periods of time (up to 10 hoursper day).Education/Experience:
Minimum16 years of ageSpecial Skills/Equipment:
Gloves may be worn to protect hands from hot water.Wage Range:$17/hr- $18/hr
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.