Urbana Country Club
Urbana , IL 61801
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Responsible for set-up, food preparation, organization, sanitation, and production of food and beverage items, as well as closing and storage for individual work station. Responsible for completing all daily and weekly cleaning assignments. Must be able to work successfully as part of a team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for set-up and executing of daily par/prep and organization of individual daily work station.
- Preparation of and storage of all food items necessary to operation of station in adherence with UCC quality standards.
- Communicate with Exec Chef and Sous Chef when special products are needed or having problems with food quality or presentation.
- Consistent preparation and presentation based on overall standards, including portion size, of daily special, salads, entrees, etc. as applicable per work assignment and as designated by Chef which are produced within UCCs quality standards guidelines.
- Maintaining proper cooking techniques for station items as designated by Chef(s).
- Creative garnishing of all plates at every meal.
- Upkeep of items used by others, such as condiments, dressings, salsas, soups, etc.
- Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of individual work area and kitchen as a whole, including equipment, counters, tools, waste areas, etc.
- Assist fellow Club Ambassadorsmaintain a team environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify supervisor of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Rectify, practicing service recover, any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last minute requests as needed.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the Club's operation, it may be necessary that each Club Ambassador perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Ambassadors are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Be able to multi-task and work at an efficient pace to keep up with business needs.
- Be able to follow instructions well as directed.
- Follow all service department, club and corporate guidelines and policies as instructed by supervisor, policies and manuals.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring that others are acting safely.
- Attendance at daily line-up and participating as requested.
- Wearing a CLEAN and neat uniform that follows UCCs property uniform standards daily.
9. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
WORK EXPERIENCE: 3-4 years kitchen experience preferred
EDUCATION: High school diploma preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Food Handlers Certification preferred
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Ability to communicate and follow instructions.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT: Extreme temps, potential long hours standing, high noise level and fast paced