Los Angeles , CA 90001
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Magnopus is a content-focused technology company founded by a team of Oscar-winning artists, designers, and engineers from games, films, and other unusual places. Were passionate about creating rich experiences across the physical and digital worlds in ways people havent experienced yet.
Because were building the future, we endeavor to create a diverse, creative workplace where people from many perspectives collaborate across disciplines to create amazing things together. We invest in our employee's progression with ongoing education and mentorship opportunities through their guilds, and support their happiness and productivity through generous health care, time off, and other benefits.
We try to foster a safe environment where we can take risks, and learn from our failures. While we value individual talents, we favor teamwork more. We believe that the leadership of the company works for the employees, not the other way around. We feel strongly that our employees guide who we are as a company and the work we create, so we look for characteristics of curiosity, empathy, respect, honesty, and courage in every candidate.
We are seeking an experienced lighting artist who is at home developing and implementing lighting designs that can run the gamut from theatrical to realistic, can demonstrate a willingness to collaborate with others, and has a keen understanding of the key role that color and lighting play in storytelling.
- Work with art leads and the art director to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the experience.
- Anticipate different production constraints with various lighting techniques, and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them
- Ability to creatively direct the eye, create the mood and tell a story through lighting
- Ensure that lighting assets meet budget requirements
- Work closely with the art, technical art, and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques
- Create, maintain and tweak shaders to allow for look development to support quality lighting.
- 5+ years of in-game lighting experience using Unity, Unreal, or a comparable development software.
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates and exceptional eye for detail and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to crate a variety of moods and tones.
- Through understanding of real-time lighting techniques (including dynamic lights, HDR, pre-baked light map solutions, and vertex lighting.
- Experience working with a PBR and HDR production pipeline.
- Self-motivated, good communicator, and a great team-player!
- Experience creating and working with color grades, post effects, color LUTs, and tone mapping.
- Past experience working with VR/AR content and understanding what makes these mysterious worlds so enticing.
- Honest and heartfelt desire to make the world a genuinely better place.
- In-depth knowledge of real-time shading and look development.
- In-depth knowledge of compositing, texturing, and physically-based rendering.
- In-depth knowledge of Maya, Max or comparable 3D authoring packages.
- Experience with one of more of the following: Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Zbrush, Houdini, Mari, or DaVinci Resolve..
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a lighting artist.
- Experience lighting pre-rendered film or animation.
- Strong illustration or photography skills.
Though weve delivered a lot of crazy stuff, here are a few you can check out at home:
Magnopus employees enjoy a competitive benefits package as well as some amazing perks:
- Meaningful, purpose-driven work
- Great teammates
- 100% employer paid premiums on health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Generous vacation & paid time off
- Flexible Remote working plans (particularly during Covid events)
- Top of the line tech and tools
- Comfy office chairs and stand-up desks
- Free gym membership (located in our building)
- Transportation assistance
- Magnocademy (our peer learning program)
- Lunch clubs (including D&D, board games, and knitting)
- On-site happy hours
- Weekly breakfasts
- Range of complimentary snacks and drinks