Hilton Head Island Recreation Association Inc.
Hilton Head Island , SC 29926
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Lifeguard works under the direction of the Aquatics Director and is responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies.
American Red Cross (or equivalent):
- Lifeguard Certification
- W.S.I Certification
- CPR and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer
- Pre-employment testing of lifeguarding skills and knowledge
- No Cert See below
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules, and regulations.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
- Complete records and reports.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
- Public relations skills.
- Exercise regularly to maintain fitness level (strength and endurance).
- Complete additional duties as assigned by Head Lifeguard.
- Wear proper pool attire (guard shirt, guard suit and whistle) at all times while on duty.
- Keep Aquatics Director up to date on all relevant issues and situations.
- Responsible to follow all policies and procedures and outlined in the Hilton Head Island Recreation Association Personnel Manual.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow staff and members of all ages and background.
- Accept special projects as assigned by the Aquatics Director.
$8.00-$15.00 per hour Depending on experience and certification.
Lifeguard Certification not needed (Can train on site) but must pass LG swim test.
We have A flexible Schedule