Licensed Vocational Nurse Snf-Temporary Assignment
Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek
Union City , CA 94587
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Shelter in Place Range $24-$38 an hour
This position is Health benefits eligible!
The simple act of caring is heroic
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement community that also offers social services outside of our campuses. We are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety, Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in serving our clients and place value on high quality job performance, professional development, workplace safety and client and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring and honest. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and attracting the best and brightest talent.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse position is a temporary position reporting to the Director of Nursing. The position will be available during the shelter-in-place order and for a short period of time thereafter. Temporary staff will have the opportunity to fill our open regular, full-time and part-time positions.
- Assigns and evaluates the direct nursing care given by Certified Nursing Assistants on the assigned unit.
- Gives and records medications and treatments and evaluates the effectiveness of these medications and treatments by applying education, experience and nursing knowledge. Orders floor stock medications as is necessary.
- Makes rounds on the floor and visits residents daily. Keeps the Shift Supervisor and/or Director of Health Services and/or Assistant Director of Nursing/Physician informed, both orally and in writing, of any changes in the residents conditions.
- Supervises assigned staff and makes recommendations regarding performance evaluations and discipline. Trains assigned staff in routine tasks as necessary.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings, inservice training and properly participates in fire and disaster drills.
- Enters or assures that all appropriate resident data is entered into the medical record, electronically and handwritten. Assists with completion of MDS as needed.
- Supervises Restorative Care and resident activities.
- Makes accurate admission and ongoing assessments of residents in collaboration with the Registered Nurse and responds appropriately.
- Responsible for inventory and safe storage of all medical supplies and equipment.
- Assures that staff, contractors and vendors, residents and visitors, etc., know and follow established policies and procedures. Performs all assigned duties in a professional manner, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Current certification as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of California
- Current CPR certification
At the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to combine your passion for helping people and high ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills and passion, we offer:
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health benefits with no deductible, new federal emergency paid sick leave and other benefits for you and your familys well-being available to temporary hires
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan available to temporary hires
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement - $1,500 per year