Licensed Vocational Nurse - Rcfe
Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek
Union City , CA 94587
Posted 3 weeks ago
The LVN has the responsibility of total resident care for independent and assisted living residents. The LVN performs professional nursing duties in accordance with the Masonic Homes and state RCFE regulations. This position reports to the Director of Health Services and may be required to supervise other staff positions.
A. Essential Functions:
- Responsible for nursing care, medication administration and treatments for the assisted living residents in compliance with Federal & State regulations and the Masonic Homes guidelines.
- Responsible for the admissions of new residents to include all admission assessments, the assessment of resident health status for both new and existing residents, the subsequent development of the service plan and documentation.
- Recognize changes in conditions of residents and notifies physicians and/or family members of any change in resident's health and provides proper documentation.
- Performs periodic audits and reviews clinical systems to ensure compliance with State regulations and Masonic Homes policies and procedures as assigned.
- Initiates writing and updating Resident Assessment and Service Plans as residents condition changes, in collaboration with active living, social services, and dietary services.
- Supervise resident care personnel on shift in performing duties by checking their work to be sure that assignments have been completed
- Maintains close communication with all departments and staff members, Health Services Director, health care professionals and families about the needs of residents.
- Notifies MD of resident changes and concerns after consultation with RN;
- Personally receive or place calls to physician, receives and processes MD orders, and order medications as needed.
- Monitors medications of residents as ordered by MD;
- Administer intramuscular, intradermal, and sub-cutaneous injections.
- Chart medications and treatments according to procedure
- Verify inventory of drugs covered by Controlled Substances Act of 1970
- Ensure that individual Resident Assessment and Service Plan is followed
- Attends family conferences;
- Understands roll in the Safety & Disaster Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Follows facility policies and procedures and federal / state regulation.
2. Participates in facility quality management program.
3. Follows oral and written instructions accurately.
4. Keeps supervisor informed of work priorities and problems.
5. Responds appropriately to emergency situations and disasters.
6. Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
7. Assures security of environment to prevent exit of wandering residents. Implement the facility procedure for elopement if any resident leaves the facility without permission.
8. Follows facility standards relating to customer service.
9. Maintains confidentiality of residents and other work-related issues.
10. Assures that all residents are treated with respect and dignity.
11. Follows facility rules of conduct.
12. Attends in-service related to work and completes required in-service annually; attends outside classes to enhance role and professional standards, as appropriate.
13. Provides timely notification of illness/absences to appropriate supervisor following departmental policy and time line.
14. Attends facility meetings as assigned.
15. Follows dress code for work area.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
One or more years of long term care nursing experience as a licensed nurse.
Currently licensed as LVN to practice in the State of California
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your familys well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement
- Food Truck Fridays every 4th Friday of the month
- Pizza Wednesday every 3rd Wednesday of the month