Licensed Vocational Nurse, On-Call PM - Assisted Living
Grand Lodge, Masonic Homes & Acacia Creek
Union City , CA 94587
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Masonic Homes is a skilled nursing and residential care facility located in Union City, atop 267 acres of scenic property. For more than 100 years, the Masonic Homes has provided free senior care to vulnerable seniors and their families. Its gated grounds are home to about 300 residents who live in comfortable studio or one-bedroom apartments. The campus offers independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care, and on-site post-surgical rehabilitation. Residents enjoy multiple health and wellness centers, walking trails, activity areas, comfortable indoor and outdoor areas for small or large groups, a lodge room, and a worship center.
Recognized as a Top Workplace by the Bayarea News Group, the Masonic Homes offer competitive pay, a strong company culture, and the support you need to grow your healthcare career, including:
- Responsible for nursing care, medication administration, and treatments for assisted living residents in compliance with Federal and State regulations and the Masonic Homes guidelines.
- Responsible for the admissions of new residents to include all admission assessments, the assessment of resident health status for both new and existing residents, the subsequent development of the service plan, and documentation.
- Recognize changes in residents' conditions, notify physicians and family members of any change in residents' health, and provide proper documentation.
- Performs periodic audits and reviews clinical systems to ensure that state regulations and Masonic Homes policies and procedures are assigned.
- Initiates writing and updating Resident Assessment and Service Plans as resident's condition changes, collaborating with active living, social services, and dietary services.
- Supervises and ensures resident care personnel on the shift have completed assignments and performed duties by checking their work
- LVN maintains close communication with all departments and staff members, Health Services Director, health care professionals, and families about the needs of residents.
- Notifies MD of resident changes and concerns after consultation with RN;
- Personally receive or place calls to the physician, receive and process MD orders, and order medications as needed.
- Monitors medications of residents as ordered by MD;
- Administer intramuscular, intradermal, and subcutaneous injections.
- Chart medications and treatments according to the procedure.
- Verify inventory of drugs covered by the Controlled Substances Act of 1970.
- Ensure that individual resident assessment and service plan are followed.
- Attends family conferences;
- Understands role in the Safety and disaster plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current certification as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of California
- Current CPR certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- One or more years of long term care nursing experience as a licensed nurse
- As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring process.
At the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to combine your passion for helping people and high ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills and passion, we offer:
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health benefits with no deductible, new federal emergency paid sick leave, PTO accrual, 10 Paid Holidays and other benefits for you and your familys well-being.
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
- Tuition Reimbursement program