Licensed Vocational Nurse
Integrity Placement Group
Simi Valley , CA 93062
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Licensed Vocational Nurse Home Health
The Position: The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) plans, organizes and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with an emphasis on community health education/experience. The LVN utilizes resources from the community to plan and direct services to meet the healthcare needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Pay: $30.00 - $40.00 per hour
- 24 Hours per week (3- 8 hour shifts)
- Company car available for the nurse
- The coverage areas will be LA, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, and Ventura counties
- The nurse will generally cover only a specific radius for the day and only enough for an 8 hour shift
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every 60 days.
- Communicates with the primary physician regarding the patient's needs and reports any changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives physician's orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related personnel to coordinate the plan of care
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
- Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions (includes the patient and family in the planning process).
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Care Coordinator and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- LVN with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state of CA.
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Valid CA driver's license with automobile that is in good working order and insured.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
Send an Updated Resume to email@example.com