Licensed Vocational Nurse
Aacres Human Services
Gardena , CA 90247
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for people with compassion for others and the desire to make a positive change in someone else's life. Those who are passionate about their work and passionate about our mission are encouraged to apply.
Aacres: We believe that people can live in and contribute to their community when provided with appropriate supports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Include the following & other duties may be assigned.
- Provides support to individuals with a diagnosis of a developmental/intellectual disability and/or mental health diagnosis
- Monitors clients physical and emotional well-being
- Carry out doctors' orders, serving as the eyes, ears and hands of the diagnosing professional.
- May participate in rehabilitation and treatment programs
- Reporting on how/if treatments are working or any unusual symptoms that need professional attention.
- Helps patients with their personal hygiene, such as bathing and keeping beds, clothing and living areas clean.
- Administers medications and hypodermic injections, following physician's orders
- Takes and records measures of patient's general physical condition, such as pulse, temperature, and respiration, to provide daily information.
- Assist with educational, recreational and therapeutic activities.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check/fingerprinting
- Must have experience working with adults with developmental disabilities
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED
- Must be Licensed Vocational Nurse or Licensed Psychiatric Technician
Benefits offered to you as an employee:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long- and short-term disability
- Supplemental Insurance products
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off (PTO)