Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)-(Part-Time)
Aprilmay Company, Inc.
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
AprilMay Company, Inc. (AMCI) is an Integrated Behavioral Health Organization (IBHO), which provides a full spectrum of innovative programming and outpatient therapeutic services to address the social and emotional needs of adults and children. We are currently seeking Licensed professional counselors (LPCs) to work children and families, adolescents, and adults. We believe in patient-centered care and that starts with the right provider. Therefore, we allow you to choose the consumers you work with based on your comfort level and expertise. This is a unique opportunity, with great potential. We currently have both day and evening availability and posh office space available should you want to expand this opportunity to see private clients.
*MUST BE CURRENTLY LICENSED IN THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (DC)* Candidates not licensed in DC, will not be considered, and need not apply.
Summary of the position include:
- Perform comprehensive assessments; and devise strength-based treatment plans for members that address all psychosocial domains, including psychiatric, medical, and general health
- Perform individual, group, and family psychotherapy to consumers referred for behavioral health services
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and/or care plan
- Maintain copious clinical notes for medical billing
Desirable (Non-Mandatory Experience)
- Experience with children with special needs
- Motivational interviewing
- Fluent in alternative English languages
Applicants must have successfully completed all requirements for a Masters Degree in Counseling. Applicants must possess a minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience equivalent to the position and an active license, in good standing.2-5 years experience in clinical or community resource settings; care coordination and/or case management experience Evidence of essential leadership, communication, education, and counseling skills Proficiency in communication technologies (email, cell phone, etc.) Core values consistent with a patient- and family-centered approach to care Demonstrates professional, appropriate, effective, and tactful communication skills, including written, verbal and nonverbal Demonstrates a positive attitude and respectful, professional customer service Acknowledges patients rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulationsExperience with completing comprehensive assessments with clinical diagnosis
Flexible work schedule