Job Description: Overview
We are currently seeking a part-time Licensed Practical Nurse for our Allied Health Services of Medford. Hours are 6 am to 10:30 am and either Tuesday or Thursday 4:45 am to 1 pm.
Allied Health Services of Medford, a member of Acadia Healthcare's Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides basic medical care to patients in an outpatient addiction recovery environment; maintains standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with clinic policy and procedures; provides for the safe and efficient dispensing of doses of medication to patients consistent with the organization's procedure and as ordered by the Medical Director or Physician; responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient's symptoms, responses and progress.
Works under the supervision of the Medical Director and the Clinic Director and maintains practical nursing professional standards of care;
Prepares and administers medication as ordered by the Medical Director or Program Physician accurately and in a timely manner, maintains accurate accounting of all medication received (from supplier) and dispensed (to the patients);
Charts medication administration in nurse's notes accurately and in a timely manner, documents nursing care provided, maintain appropriate records related to patient's progress and activities accurately and in a timely manner;
Responsible for the safekeeping of all medication stock and the records required by the DEA, FDA, and ADP;
Dedicates a minimum of 90 percent of regularly scheduled work hours to activities directly related to the administration of medication; the remaining 10 percent of regularly scheduled work hours will be dedicated to other activities as assigned by the Medical Director or Clinic Director;
Responsible for urine collection and processing, reading test results as ordered by Program Physicians and the completion of all forms involved in these procedures; and,
Perform other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
Prefer 1 year nursing experience in behavioral health or addiction recovery field
Training or experience treating patients in an outpatient treatment program
There must be no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment
Connect With Our Recruitment Team!
Sarah McCloud: New England and East Region
Justin McComber: Central Region
Madeline Morris: West Coast and Discovery House