Licensed Practical Nurse (Lpn)
Reno Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Reno , NV 89511
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Delivers quality direct patient care under appropriate clinical supervision to patients who are hospitalized for treatment of psychiatric or emotional disorders. Supports the hospital and program philosophy of care and ensures the safety and well-being of each patient.
- Administers patient medications prescribed by physician.
- Assists Dietary Staff in identifying patients on special diets and assuring patients' compliance with dietary orders.
- Completes nursing assessments under supervision of RN.
- Updates treatment care plans under supervision of RN.
- Participates in treatment planning: (a) helps identify patients' problems, needs, and strengths; (b) suggesting modifications to treatment plan based on observations of patients' behavior; (c) providing input into discharge planning.
- Orient new patients to unit, program, and milieu.
- Carry out general nursing care assistance as assigned and supervised by nurse in charge.
- Maintains a safe, orderly, and therapeutic physical environment for patients.
- Assists patients in carrying out activities of daily living, when congruent with the patients' treatment plan and needs.
- Accurate and litigable documentation that meets current standards and policies.
- Treats and cares for patients competently and as based on current developmental theories and psychiatric nursing knowledge and standards.
- Current LPN License in the State of Nevada
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to organize activities and schedules for medical and/or non-medical tasks for patients.
- Ability to stabilize acute psychotic and non-violent crises by using accepted intervention techniques.
A full benefits package is available the first of the month following just one month of employment!
This package includes Medical (three plans to choose from), Dental (two plans to choose from), Vision, Life Insurance options, including plans for spouse and children, 401(k), Pet Insurance, Identity Theft insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and a very generous PTO plan and more!