Licensed Practical Nurse (Lpn)
Cincinnati , OH 45202
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SIGN ON BONUS (conditions apply)
Our well established home health care company is in need of a LPN to join our dynamic team. Applicant must be compassionate and caring as well as possess excellent communication skills.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Implements the nursing care plan for each patient.
- Provides nursing services, treatments and diagnostic and preventive procedures as assigned.
- Initiates preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and RN reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition.
- Teaches and counsels the patient and family/significant others regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home.
- Evaluates with registered nurse the effectiveness of the LPN's nursing service to the patient and family under the guidance of the registered nurse.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of observations, treatments and care of patient.
- Participates in medical record audit as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings, patient care conferences and in-services as scheduled.
- Takes on-call duty, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
Is responsible for:
- Submitting any changes in schedule to Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Participating in patient care conferences to discuss the need for involvement of other members of the health team, such as physical therapist or speech language pathologist.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Assists the physician and RN in performing specialized procedures.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments.
- Observes aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques
Salary: $17.00-$22.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time