Licensed Practical Nurse
Integrity Placement Group
Panama City , FL 32401
Posted 2 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Licensed Practical Nurse Behavioral Health (Inpatient)
Our client provides comprehensive behavioral health and family counseling services in Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, and Washington counties in the Panhandle. They offer objective, professional help with personal problems ranging from family life adjustment difficulties to stress reactions, substance abuse and mental illness.
The Position: The LPN is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments. Our Client is offering the following compensation and benefits:
- $17.55 per hour
- 15% Shift differential for night shift
- Health Insurance
- 21 days of PTO + 9 paid holidays
- 401k with 4% match
- Life Insurance
- Relocation assistance
- And much, much more!
- Licensed Practical Nurse in Florida
- Psychiatric Experience Preferred, But Not Required.
- 3 Day Work Week (12 Hour Days)
- 7am- 7pm & 7pm- 7am shift (Must be Willing to Work Both Schedules)
- Participate in maintaining the physical environment of the psychiatric inpatient facility to meet or exceed accepted standards of safety, sanitation, and infection control.
- Receive, transcribe, and implement physicians' orders for medications and treatments. Orders by a physician or psychiatrist over the telephone must be given to a registered nurse. When a person is in imminent danger, a registered nurse may initiate seclusion or restraints prior to obtaining the order from physician or psychiatrist.
- Assist the physicians and/or other nurses in the administration of specific treatments and procedures.
- Participate in the provision and maintenance of a therapeutic environment by communication and therapeutic interactions.
- Understand the legal implications of patient care in the psychiatric inpatient treatment facility.
- Observe, interpret, and report the patients' signs, symptoms, and behaviors to the appropriate team members and record same in the medical record.
- Assess patients' needs. Formulate, implement, and evaluate nursing care plans. Update care plan as necessary
- Provide direct nursing care to patients in conformance with accepted standards of nursing practice
- Achieve professional licensing and mandatory staff training requirements
- Assure the safety and humanity in the supervision of restrained or secluded patients and assure documentation of adequate supervision and observation
- Participate in treatment team meetings and contribute pertinent observations and knowledge for update and changes of the treatment plan
- Assure pertinent, timely charting of patient treatment, status, and behavior according to inpatient program policy
- Provide reports of pertinent information to oncoming shift personnel, including psychiatrists and conduct conference with team members
- Assist the CSU Nursing Coordinator in teaching and directing personnel in rendering nursing care as well as in bringing to the attention of the CSU Nursing Coordinator any safety or treatment concerns that could have a negative impact on patient recovery/safety.
- Assist in preparing the patient and family for continuing care after discharge by giving emotional support, aftercare/discharge planning appointments, and community resource information.
- Intervene in all patient emergencies; support and stabilize patient, staff member, or visitor until the physician arrives and/or victim is transferred to an emergency care facility.
- Assure that patients' rights are maintained to include assisting in the completion of client grievances as necessary.
- Supervise and direct mental health technician staff on duty.
- Monitor all lab results; notify physician of results and/or abnormalities.
- Order medications and supplies as needed from local pharmacy and/or notify the CSU Nursing Coordinator or designee of supplies needed if they are to be requisitioned through the Center.
- Actively participate in the management of referrals from outside sources to maintain optimum response to the community need for inpatient stabilization
Send resume to Justin@theipgteam.com