Licensed Adolescent Clinician
Parsippany , NJ 07054
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
High Focus Centers, a premier mental health and substance abuse treatment provider in New Jersey is excitedly seeking a licensed Adolescent Clinician to join our team!
Our ideal licensed candidate.. will enjoy the full time position in a Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient treatment program serving adolescents (ages 10-18) who present with acute psychiatric illnesses and co-occurring disorders.
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Provide group therapy and group based psycho-education
- Provide individual therapy
- Conduct family sessions to review treatment plans and assess progress
- Conduct initial level of care assessments
- Possesses thorough knowledge of mental illness and adolescents with an emphasis on co-occurring disorders treatment planning, intervention, documentation and the continuum of care.
- Demonstrates ability to engage adolescent patients and care givers in comprehending the interplay that exists when adolescents present with co-occurring disorders and how to best treat such d/o.
- Is able to establish productive working relationships with patients, care -givers, colleagues and community based providers to include school personnel, therapists, psychiatrists, primary care providers and others involved in the adolescent's life.
- Ability to assess risk and work with treatment team to determine level of care.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize electronic medical records and maintain compliance with documentation.
- Demonstrates clinical flexibility in managing crisis.
- Demonstrates skill and ensures staff competence in areas of universal precautions, CPR, medication management, fire safety, pt. abuse reporting, patient rights, age-related competencies, harassment free workplace practices and HIPAA protocols.
-Demonstrated experience working with an adolescent population that presents with co-occurring disorders-Have a New Jersey professional license such as LMSW, LSW, LAC and LCADC, preferably a LCSW, LMFT or LPC
-1 year documented experience providing group based mental health treatment to middle school aged adolescent patient starting at ages 10 to 18 with co-occurring disorders.
- Medical Insurance,
- Dental Insurance,
- Vision Insurance,
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and more!!