Legal Secretary (Private Client & Tax) San Francisco
Tocci Legal Search
San Francisco , CA 94102
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Legal Secretary (Private Client & Tax) San Francisco, CA
We are working with a top law firm that is seeking a highly motivated Legal Secretary for its Private Client and Tax division in the San Francisco office. This role is responsible for providing a broad range of secretarial andadministrative support to fee-earners, administrative personnel and clients.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3+ years as a secretary or administrative assistant in a professional service industry, preferably in a law firm's wealth planning or private client practice group.
- High School diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess strong technical skills, with solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint as well as programs such as FileSite/iManage and Elite.
- Strong communication skills: the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style. Ability to compose correspondence as needed.
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Knowledge of library operations and records storage procedures for retrieving materials and files.
- Familiarity with legal terminology pertinent to the areas of assignment.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work both as a team as well as independently.
- California Notary strongly preferred.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Drafts letters and documents; collects and analyzes information; prepares charts, graphs, and other visuals.
- Supports fee-earners and clients by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence,
- reports and legal documents.
- Maintains attorneys' calendars by scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Maintains hard copy and electronic filing system (FileSite/iManage).
- Schedules meetings with internal and external participants and arranges conference rooms.
- Communicates and obtains information from/for internal and external clients.
- Inputs attorney time into timekeeping software.
- Prepares Chrome River reimbursement reports for assigned fee-earners.
- Coordinates monthly billing process between accounting and assigned partner(s). This includes preparation
- of draft and final client invoices and transmittal of same.
- Supports the New Client Intake process which includes the conflicts check, matter details and Engagement.
- Letter preparation.
- Assists with providing coverage to reception as scheduled by the Office Manager.
- Operates office equipment including photocopy machine and scanner when needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Compensation will be dependent on experience; base salary is flexible.
Law firm provides great working environment and culture.
To hear more (confidentially of course), please email an updated resume along with salary expectations.
Owner & President