VIEW JOBS1/5/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-04-05T00:00Position Description:
CGI Federal is seeking a Legal Assistant to support the Department of Justice Executive Office of Immigration Review.
* Responds to inquiries in and out of the courtrooms
* Input case information in database management system
* Provides information to Judges, Court Administrator and Support Staff
* Communicates with the Department of Homeland Security, Corrections Department, USCIS and/or other agencies
* Answers and transfers telephone calls
* Review charging documents, schedule/reschedule cases, update CASE records, and update/maintain Records of Proceedings
* Run and maintain court calendars, prepare orders and hearing notices, process motions and legal correspondence
* Creates written documents and prepares correspondence
* Processes and distributes mail, correspondence, memoranda, and other written material. Including but not limited to:
o Sorting and distribution of all Filings received by court
o Incoming and outgoing BIA/FOIA Receipts and Distribution
o Returned Mail Receipt/Processing/Distribution
o Motions and Applications data entry
o Processing/Distribution of daily filings made at the Reception Window
o Receipt/Distribution of E-33 forms
o Log in "Utilities" E33s of cases not yet received
o General Mail Receipt/Distribution to the staff/judges' mailbox
o COVs intake and Distribution
o Outgoing USPS Mail and FED-X
* Assists Immigration Judges in court hearings with administrative duties, e.g., receive and distribute documents to parties, print out judge's orders, update CASE management system, etc.
* Covers front window lobby area (receives and directs visitors at the reception window, receives and advises public in the courtrooms)
* File ROPs and correspondence, retire closed cases to the Federal Records Center
* Prepare ROPs for attorney review
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Any combination of related experience as an administrative assistant, paralegal, legal
secretary, program assistant or related field.
* Experience with various software, i.e., Windows XP, WordPerfect, MS Word, Lotus 1 2 3,
Excel, and Quattro Pro.
* Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills.
* Ability to successfully complete a CGI Background Investigation to include, 50 State
Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks to start employment.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Government Security Clearance (Moderate Risk
Public Trust) to start employment.
* Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required.
* Possible travel (depends on the needs of the business)
* Some bending and lifting WILL be required (MUST be able to lift approx.. 30 lbs)
* Possible filing may be required.
* This is an expected 40 hour work week position
This job description is not all inclusive, there may be other job responsibilities that may arise outside of what is listed above.
"Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records".
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
CGI Group Inc.San FranciscoCA
VIEW JOBS1/19/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-04-19T00:00JOB DESCRIPTION
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
Legal Counsel, Commercial
We are looking for a transactional lawyer to support our growing commercial organization. The Legal Counsel, Commercial will support the business by advising on, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial and technology initiatives and transactions. As a strategic advisor, the Legal Counsel will provide day-to-day legal and business counseling, identify opportunities for process improvements and advise on the resolution of legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, this position will primarily support the U.S. and Canada business but will also participate in global initiatives from time to time.
This a hybrid role based out of our San Francisco headquarters. This position will report to the Assistant General Counsel, Commercial.
About the Job
* Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate commercial contracts, with a focus on inbound commercial and technology contracts, including master services agreements, SaaS and software agreements, reseller agreements, consulting and services agreements, data processing agreements, and statements of work; will also support a wide range of other types of commercial contracts from time to time, including licensing, franchising, and sales agreements
* Advise and provide legal recommendations to various internal departments, including Global Procurement, E-commerce, Retail, Data Security, Data Science/AI, IT, and Finance
* Escalate matters as necessary, and ensure compliance with company policies and risk tolerance
* Collaborate and coordinate cross-functionally with global and legal subject matter leads
* Respond to legal and contract requests from various internal departments, and advise on agreement structures, approval processes, company policies, and procedures
* Assist with the creation and maintenance of standard form agreements and playbooks to address a variety of situations
* Assist with the development of policies, procedures, and training materials in collaboration with other members of the Legal team
* Assist in development of contract governance protocols and procedures
* JD and membership in a state bar
* 3-5 years of legal experience
* Experience at a leading law firm or in-house, within a consumer-facing industry
* Experience with SaaS or e-commerce related agreements
* Working knowledge of data privacy laws and regulations
* Enthusiastic and enjoys being challenged
* Demonstrates sound judgment in ambiguous situations
* Skilled communicator with the ability to work well with and advise peers, different levels of management, and external resources
* Manages high-volume workload, rapid cycles, multiple assignments, concurrent deadlines, and changing priorities
* Effectively anticipates potential problems and develops mitigation strategies in advance
* Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
* 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
* Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
* Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
* Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.
Levi Strauss & Co.San FranciscoCA
VIEW JOBS1/17/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-04-17T00:00<p>We’re Getir, the pioneers of super-fast delivery. We deliver groceries such as sandwiches to shampoo, dog food to beer, in an average of ten minutes. Founded in 2015, we now deliver hundreds of thousands of orders a day from more than 300 locations in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands and Turkey. In 2021, we plan to rock the streets and doorsteps of many, many more cities across the world, including the USA, spreading the experience and wonder of seamless, super-fast delivery that simply works for everyone. To make super-fast delivery possible, we don’t refrain from getting involved in all the aspects that go into it. However, we like to do everything in a startup-savvy way that is driven by technology. As we expand our operations globally, it’s vital that we onboard an excellent Head of Legal. In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the US Legal team (Real Estate, Employment Labor, Regulatory, and Zoning). This is a generalist leadership role which involves managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the Legal team, including contract management, litigation support, procurement, billing, and administrative filings. You must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and business needs in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, you must be able to work independently, proactively identifying areas of need and generating action plans. You will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer.</p> <ul> <li>Manage and grow the existing operations for the US Legal team</li> <li>Design and manage processes to positively impact the Legal team’s efficiency and effectiveness (including contract management, business analysis, and litigation support)</li> <li>Drive legal projects with on-time and on-budget results</li> <li>Identify and implement legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices, and provide training and support to legal team members</li> <li>Lead legal vendor management and budget reviews</li> <li>Establish and provide regular reporting on efficiency initiatives</li> <li>Define strategic quarterly objectives for Legal Operations improvements</li> <li>Support and manage a variety of ad hoc projects within the team as they arise</li> </ul><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><ul> <li>8+ years’ experience within legal project operations and management in-house or at a law firm (both preferred)</li> <li>Technology company experience preferred</li> <li>Strong experience in developing, implementing and maintaining legal department technology solutions (e.g., contract management, billing, self-service contracting, e-signature, knowledge management, etc.)</li> <li>Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills</li> <li>Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups (e.g., Finance, Procurement, IT, etc.) to set objectives and produce meaningful results</li> <li>Willing and eager to take on projects involving unfamiliar subject matter</li> </ul><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><ul> <li>The once in a lifetime chance to work in a people-first startup environment, in a business that is set to revolutionize how people shop for their groceries.</li> <li>A competitive salary, a diverse working environment where you will feel respected and listened to, where you can really use all of your skills whilst working with really innovative and visionary people.</li> <li>Exposure to the founding team, expansion team, and key business leaders who will come to rely on you for you and your skill and capabilities.</li> <li>Ability to impact the true growth and success of our organization - without the legal team, we do not grow - thus this is a strategic legal role.</li> <li>Work with a collaborative team who want to see you succeed and will support you to do so.</li> </ul><p><br></p>GetirSan FranciscoCA
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.