Legal Counsel, US
Quanta Dialysis Technologies
Beverly , MA
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Quanta Dialysis Technologies is a pioneering medical device company entering the US market from the UK. We are on a mission to become the worlds leading provider of self-care solutions for hemodialysis patients, and we are only at the beginning of our story.
The Quanta SC+ is a small, simple, powerful, connected dialysis system designed for use in hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and patient homes. The company is based in Alcester, UK with the US offices located in Beverly, MA.
We are poised for big things in 2021 and beyond, and this pivotal role will form part of our founding US team and help lay the building blocks for our future success. This is your chance to join a fast-growing company in a newly developed position, where you will have a unique opportunity to make an impact on the growth and development of the team.
The Company is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated attorney to be our first legal counsel in North America. You will partner with and support Quantas UK-based global legal team on a variety of commercial transactions and advise on other business-related legal subjects. The ideal candidate will have experience in the medical device industry and with drafting and negotiating various types of complex commercial agreements, ranging from supply and manufacturing agreements to customer sale agreements.
- Draft, review, negotiate and ultimately manage the lifecycle of a wide range of commercial agreements including, manufacturing service agreements, IT agreements, statements of work, quality agreements, consulting agreements, license agreements, purchase and supply agreements and other complex commercial agreements.
- Monitor and advise on relevant healthcare legal issues and continually develop expertise in health care specialized areas of federal and state laws e.g. Anti-Kickback Statute, privacy laws (including HIPPA) etc.
- Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Promote legal, compliance, and risk management best practices throughout the company.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Manage legal risk with HR by designing company policies and procedures.
- Provide training to the company on legal topics.
- Develop a deep understanding of Quanta's business model and provide practical advice on legal matters.
- Function independently within a dynamic corporate environment.
- Quickly and concisely analyze and summarize complicated legal documents and issues for internal clients and functional leaders.
- Ensure any targets set for the business relating to QMS KPIs are monitored and met where appropriate (e.g. NC, CAPA, complaints resolution, self-training etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) with excellent academic credentials from an accredited law school. Admitted to practice law in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 3+ years of experience in handling commercial contracts at a top law firm, with a strong background in intellectual property, privacy and commercial law. Experience in the medical device, health care or pharmaceutical industries preferred.
- Strong drafting, negotiation, and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts, including leading negotiations and handling commercial contract disputes and dispute resolution.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound and practical legal and business judgment; creative, positive and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to UK legal team.
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful and taking on additional responsibility.