Legal Billing Specialist
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
An international law firm with offices in Washington, D.C. is seeking a full-time Billing Specialist to join their team. The Billing Specialist is responsible for distributing and sorting appropriate billing reports, editing attorney time entries, and preparing invoices for selected attorneys. The Billing Specialist will help identify, communicate and resolve complex billing discrepancies in accordance with client standards and firm practices.
- Handling ebilling client/vendor submissions and rejections, identifying billing discrepancies and referring to appropriate firm leadership as necessary
- Managing monthly workflow allocation to ensure completion at months end, and administering firms write off procedures and other duties, as assigned
- Effectively communicating with clients or firm personnel to maintain and clarify billing/timekeeping information; identifying billing discrepancies and referring to appropriate firm leadership
- Notifying management of problems early enough in the process to allow for corrective action
- Appropriately administering firms write off procedures
- Working with the Collections Specialists to help resolve outstanding issues and reissuance of invoices
- 5 +years of law firm billing experience
- 3+ years of Elite Enterprise experience
- Familiarity with various e-billing software vendors, such as Serengeti, Collaborati, Passport, BillingPoint, CounselLink and e-Billing Hub is a plus
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (including Microsoft Excel), are required..