Legal Assistant/ Paralegal
Nashville , TN 37219
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Job SummaryAre you looking for a fast-paced work environment in which to challenge yourself, improve your skills, and gain the experience you need to further your career? If so, we hope you'll consider joining our team as a legal assistant/ paralegal. You will have the chance to take responsibility for many projects and work with numerous people in a variety of roles on a daily basis. If you are ready to hit the ground running and contribute to our mission, we are ready to provide you with opportunities for growth and a competitive compensation package.Job Responsibilities
- Proactively assist attorneys with various tasks and provide administrative support on a daily basis for multiple initiatives and projects by taking responsibility for data identification, collection, processing, and transfer as well as required documentation.
- Manage actions and written material related to company licensing, approval processes, trademarks, content, copyright defense, and cease and desist efforts.
- Proactively work to maintain up-to-date knowledge of current best practices, legal requirements, procedures, solutions, and emerging technologies.
- Foster strong relationships with colleagues, attorneys, clients, managers, and other internal and external parties.
- Liaise with various personnel as necessary including in-house and outside counsel, paralegals, vendors, IT professionals, and other people.
- Perform detailed legal research and analysis, collect data, document findings, and author comprehensive reports as needed.
- Improve and implement new methods for data collection, content management, organization, contract oversight, and other tasks.
- Ensure proper management and governance of corporate entities and serve as the point of contact for outside counsel on company procedures, defensible processes, and litigation activities.
We are looking to fill more than one position in a variety of practice areas including:
- Litigation: Personal Injury, Insurance Defense, Medical Malpractice, Worker's Compensation, Family, Labor & Employment, etc
- Real Estate: Commercial and Residential
- Intellectual Property
AND MORE!Job Skills & QualificationsRequired
- Paralegal certificate or Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of paralegal experience (for paralegal positions)
- Bachelor's degree or 3+ years of experience as a legal assistant
- Previous experience working in a law firm or corporate legal department environment
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and email tools, and technical savvy to learn additional programs
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Three years' experience working as a paralegal or administrator
- Familiarity with industry-related legal specifics