Leasing Consultant/Resident Activities Coordinator
First Realty Management
Worcester , MA 01606
Posted 2 months ago
A family-owned and privately held property management company, First Realty Management has more than 65 years of experience with the industry knowledge to match. We combine the resources of a large company with the personal touch and attention to detail of a small, local firm.
At the core of it all, our talented employees are what make us stand out above the rest. While we perform as a top-tier property management company, we strongly emphasize our close-knit, family-owned foundation. Professional growth is encouraged through a commitment to educational advancement and opportunities to learn from industry thought leaders. We create a sought-after community atmosphere by recognizing and celebrating those who go above and beyond. And above all else we always put our team members first.
First Realty Management Corp. is seeking a full-time Leasing Consultant/Resident Activities Coordinator in Worcester, MA. Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Leasing Consultant is responsible for developing and carrying out the property's marketing communication program. Coordinates all rental activities, maximizes visibility and customer traffic, and conducts market research to ensure occupancy goals are met. In addition, the Residential Activities Director works site management team to develop and administer resident programs and services that contribute to and enhance site management's goal of creating and maintaining a Community of Quality.
Markets vacant units to potential residents by:
- Establishing and maintaining contact with prospective residents,
- Showing units
- Demonstrating and highlighting propertys advantages
- Ensuring model and vacant apartments are ready for showing
- Following up on all inquiries and undecided prospects
Completes leasing process by:
- Processing, verifying and approving/rejecting applications according to established procedures,
- Completing appropriate background checks,
- Processing leases,
- Ensuring apartment readiness for move-in,
- Scheduling apartment inspection with local housing authority, if applicable
- Processing move-in certification and other rental subsidy-related paperwork, if applicable, and
- Adhering to fair housing regulations in all aspects of leasing process
If applicable, maintains accurate, updated wait list by:
- Regularly communicating with wait-list applicants, verifying and updating applicant status regarding applicants' income, family size
- Maintaining wait list in an orderly fashion and in full compliance with fair housing regulations
Increases flow of customer traffic and maximizes propertys visibility by:
- Developing effective communication materials, i.e. advertising and promotional materials,
- Developing on-site activities and promotions, and
- Ensuring the property's curb appeal is attractive and appealing
Conducts market research on local competition by:
- "Shopping" competitor properties,
- Gathering data on competitors prices and marketing techniques,
- Identifying economic trends, and
- Collecting data on customer/resident preferences
- Uses data to forecast future market trends and works with property manager to plan site strategy to address these trends.
Monitors effectiveness of marketing program and collects data on customer preferences by:
- Completing and monitoring guest cards
- Analyzing information on guest cards
- Placing follow up phone calls to potential residents
- Completing vacancy and traffic reports
Fosters and maintains positive resident relations to achieve satisfactory resident retention rate by:
- Conducting new resident orientation
- Responding to resident service requests and other resident needs in a prompt, efficient, courteous manner
- Communicating site/resident issues and concerns to property manager
- Assisting resident activities director with resident activities and programs
Resident Activities Director
Works to improve the quality of living environment for the resident population by:
- Planning, implementing and actively supervising social, educational and recreational activities/programs/special events for the resident population on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Outreach to new residents to inform them about RAD programs and services available.
- Developing a local social service network within the community, working to raise resident awareness of such services, and preparing a current referral list with primary contacts, phone, email, etc. for use by resident services and management staff.
- Reporting resident-related concerns to the property manager in a timely manner. Works with manager to resolve issues and takes an active role in resolution process.
- Managing site newsletter process including: newsletter preparation, submission to First Realty Communications Dept., and timely distribution to residents.
- Working with the management team to plan and implement annual company-wide events including: First Realty Sports Olympiad, First Realty Academic Olympiad, NAHMA Drug Free Calendar Contest, NEAHMA Kid's Day, First Realty Honor Roll Club, Community of Quality awards program, etc.
- Working with management staff on resident retention programs, marketing strategies and new resident orientation programs. Actively participates in these programs and develops new resident services initiatives that support these efforts.
- Following all First Realty Risk Management and site safety guidelines regarding: parent/ guardian permission, transportation, incident reporting, vendor insurance coverage, etc.
- Overseeing Computer Learning Center/Lab program (as applicable) including; budget, contractor supervision, scheduling, resident participation reports, marketing, facility and equipment maintenance and management.
- Providing support to the management team on resident social service issues and maintaining confidentiality in all matters pertaining to same.
Other JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answers phone and greets visitors to management office
- Other duties as assigned by Property Manager
- Work weekend hours as required
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent marketing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong resident relations/customer service skills
- Strong skills in data gathering and evaluation techniques
- Ability to develop marketing, promotional, and other communication materials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal housing regulations and any housing programs applicable to property preferred
- Detail oriented
- Proven ability to oversee groups of children
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with confidentiality, diplomacy & tact
- Excellent judgement
- Excellent resident relations and customer service skills
- Minimum 2+ years experience in leasing, marketing or related field.
- Strong knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel etc. is essential.
- Experience with project-based section 8 is proffered
Level of Education/Training/License:
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing preferred
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, PTO/Personal leave
- 401(k) plan
- Health, Vision, Dental insurance
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term disability
- Flex spending accounts & Transportation expense accounts
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Equal Opportunity Employer