New York , NY 10001
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 12,500 apartments in 15 states. The companys comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairsteads primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel Right at Home. We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services.
With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairsteads Core Values
- Provide support to Director of Leasing and / Leasing department in preparation & processing of leases through the lease cycle.
- Draft initial lease documents including; marketing flyers, lease proposals, new leases, renewals/extensions/expansions, amendments, license agreements, and listing/co-brokerage agreements.
- Create, coordinate and supervise the leasing & marketing collateral, including marketing signs, flyers, and other marketing branding carried out internally by the leasing team and externally by listing brokers. Coordinate with standards to ensure consistency.
- Administration of procuring and listing brokerage commission process, including calculation, tracking and distribution of commission payments.
- Track and record market lease comp information.
- Develop and maintain strong broker relationships throughout the market.
- Ensure all space showings are entered in backend system in a timely manner and ensure data is updated with accurate listings and current information.
- Assist with coordination of communication brokers in connection with daily leasing activities at the properties, including follow up with same to collect information and documents necessary in the lease process.
- Create portfolio tour books, stacking plans, and other miscellaneous marketing and property tour materials.
- Provide miscellaneous support for external and internal requests.
- Assist in helping ensure lease files are current; scan, file and distribute correspondence relating to marketing and leasing portfolios.
- Develop a monthly marketing database (i.e. property availability report) relative to available properties to be distributed to the brokerage community.
- Prepare and update investor tour books in preparation of institutional investor meetings and tours
- Provide presentation material development support including preparation of presentation documents (primarily in Powerpoint)
- Regular meetings and communications with Director of Leasing and / Leasing department, and Asset Management team to review workflow and improve procedural efficiencies.
- Assist various ad-hoc/special events and projects, e.g., broker events, department events, planning/meetings, etc.
- Work with and support the external leasing teams, property management teams, and acquisition, development and disposition teams, to ensure timely and effective workflow.
- Provide full administrative support for Director of Leasing and / Leasing department including phone support, typing, reports, scanning, filing and distribution of correspondence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor contracts
- Participate in the review of annual budgets and executive summaries, and support annual on-site budget meetings
- Review and understand the leasing forecasts, and the related risks and opportunities
- Help prepare strategies and supporting documentation for the long-term forecast the properties, and review against both historic and market driven data
- Provide ongoing analysis to improve leasing, marketing, income, and expenses for the properties (Ex. benchmarking, competitor review/analysis, and process improvement recommendations)
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university; and related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, Yardi ability to readily learn internal, corporate computer platforms.
- Professional understanding of leases/contracts, and related real estate and legal terms (e.g., base rent, operating expenses, capital expenditures, default, surrender, indemnification, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including word processing, proof-reading and accurate spelling.
- Committed to production of timely, high quality, and accurate work.
- Ability to support a multi-person team, including work well under pressure, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Ability to be articulate, conscientious, dependable, polished and comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Team player and eager to support the Director of Leasing and / Leasing department .
- Strong initiative and focus on customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to ensure accuracy of work
- Detail orientated with strong organizational skills.
- Good deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to interact with co-workers and other divisions in a professional and collegial manner.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal and external parties.
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information.
Why Work at Fairstead?
Fairstead is a real estate owner/operator that has rapidly expanded since its inception in 2014 with three offices across the country and a portfolio that spans 14 states. Come to Fairstead for the opportunity to impact real change and drive decision making from the ground up. Join our team in this growth inspired role to accelerate your career in a fast-growing, energized organization.
- Competitive salary, along with full benefits: 401(k) company matching, medical, dental, vision
- Wellness programs to promote employee health and self-care
- Generous holiday and vacation policy