This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Center for Teaching and Learning seeks an experienced Learning Designer to partner with faculty on the design of blended and online learning experiences for the purpose of advancing departmental curriculum goals. The Learning Designer will manage the planning and development of educational projects defined by faculty or school partners.
- -Designs student-centered learning experiences for blended and online courses. Partners with faculty on the implementation of designs for a variety of modalities, platforms, and scales. Leverages emerging educational
technologies, learning science research, and learning analytics to design and evaluate learning experiences.
- -Manages learning design for moderately complex projects and collaborates on multiple projects concurrently. Defines the scope of designs for learning that leverage educational theory and technology to solve a specific learning or teaching problem and manages related documents. Acts as a learning design consultant during the engineering of digital materials by a multi-disciplinary project team (e.g. project manager, videographer, developer, experience designer, and subject matter expert). Maintains instructional materials for using technologies covered in the course.
- -Conducts outreach and follow up with assigned departments and schools. Develops strong working relationships with academic staff and effectively accesses institutional resources. Provides support for open office hours and knowledge base and ticketing.
- -Assists with the design and delivery of faculty programming on a variety of topics related to leveraging learning design approaches and resources available to the Columbia community. Collaborates on the development of related
resources such as documentation, on-demand resources, and educational development materials.
- -Stays abreast of emerging research in learning design and evolving standards in educational practice. Minimum Qualifications for Grade
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant - Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) required. Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant --Knowledge of and ability to apply the instructional design process, including needs assessment, instructional problems, learner characteristics, task analysis, instructional objectives, content sequencing, instructional strategies and resources, evaluation instruments, formative evaluation, and
- -Excellent project management and team collaboration skills.
- -Experience with research tools and data analysis.
- -Extensive experience using Macs and Windows machines.
- -Knowledge of educational technology, research in the learning sciences, and data analytics.
- -Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Special Instructions Preferred Qualifications Advanced Degree; familiarity with programming concepts and techniques;
- -Discipline specific background depending upon the products and services managed. Essential Functions Additional Essential Functions (Limit to 3950 characters.) Special Indications
This position works with: There are no special indications for this position