Lead Systems Engineer (Technical)- Woodlawn MD
Woodlawn , MD 21244
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Nimbus is looking for Systems Engineer to augment our technical team at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The candidate should have a passion for and desire for continuous learning and application of that knowledge into practice.
We are looking for candidates who reside within the commuting distance from CMS and be available to work from our client site at Woodlawn MD 21244. Majority of the work will be remote in nature.
The technical review includes a systematic evaluation of software products and underlying infrastructure to determine the suitability of the product for intended use, its adherence to the plan and specifications and that the software changes are appropriately implemented. This my require providing recommendations of alternative solutions.
The candidate is expected to perform,
- Provide day to day technical support to one or more program teams.
- Understand the system technically to assist with making sound technical/business decisions, make recommendations for improvements and/or enhancements.
- Supports requirements sessions, Change Control Boards and regular meetings with stakeholders/Business Owners.
- Work with Developer/Maintainer to insure that system documentation is maintained and accurate.
- Work with business owners and other stakeholders to develop and document system performance metrics to establish a system baseline and maintain them as new releases/patches are implemented.
- Monitor the operational status of supported systems, ensuring that CMS is aware of outages/issues and that systems have sufficient capacity to handle peak workloads during critical business periods.
- Maintain operation and maintenance (O&M) manuals, concept of operations, user guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Engage with CMS Office of information Technology, hosting contractor, and other stakeholders concerning operational issues, and provide status updates to CMS.
- Develop and maintain a library of root cause analysis associated with outages impacting systems.
- Enhance system testing scenarios that will be used to develop overall release performance metrics and support User Acceptance Testing (508, performance, etc.) to reduce bug fixes in application deployments/enhancements, increasing the quality of product and delivery.
- Develop a working knowledge of and adhere to Change Control Board policy/procedures, utilize the Change Control & Service Request tracking system, and work with stakeholders to prioritize requests. System support outside of standard working hours maybe requirements to include weekends.
- On a regular basis will interface with Business Owners, other CMS components and/or contractors (e.g. Developer/Maintainer, Virtual Data Centers/Security).
- Develop working knowledge of the system through understanding the Architecture, Data, User Interface and the Business for the system(s) for which you are supporting.
- The candidate will conduct the process with a high level of integrity and confidence.
Knowledge of Data Centers and applications that run on Cloud.
- Best in class compensation packages and employee benefits many of them fully funded by Nimbus
- Nimbus offers three different HSA compatible Healthcare Plans at Bronze, Silver and Gold Levels and contributes the majority of employees and their familys premiums.
- Fully funded Dental PPO and Vision Plans.
- Employees can enroll in a 401k plan and Nimbus contributes 3% of employees salary into the plan.
- Employees get paid holidays and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) from work for a variety of their needs.
- Fully funded Short term and Long term disability coverage
- Fully funded Term Life Insurance coverage
- Employees are eligible for Performance-based bonuses.
- Tuition assistance for completion of degree, diplomas and certificate courses.
- Variety of other fringe benefits.
- Fully funded Stay Fit program that pays for Gym memberships and fitness essentials.