Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer Hybrid
Limitless Talent Solutions
McLean , VA 22102
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are a recruiting agency recruiting top talent for Fortune 500 and high growth companies.
- The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions. May include research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm. The software development process requires in-depth subject matter expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages. Software Developers work closely with business partners and / or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
- The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm. Works closely with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Act as a technical expert on one or more applications utilized by the company
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with company technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Leadership Competencies:
- Be Visionary: Visionary leaders are Change Drivers advancing the organization's strategy by being Future Focused and Compelling Communicators.
- Build Capability: Leaders build capability in themselves by being Committed to Personal Excellence and are Talent Developers for others by providing growth opportunities, feedback and coaching.
- Create Community: Our leaders are Inclusive Leaders who are Relationship Minded, embracing individual differences, inspiring others to thrive, and building networks for effective collaboration.
- Empower Results: Leaders are Results-Oriented, delivering timely, high quality, client-focused results, while mitigating risk. They are Business Savvy and understand the company's position in the global marketplace, recognizing the emerging industry trends that can impact business strategies.
- Key Skills:
- Fosters a culture where honesty and transparency are expected.
- Stays current on changes in his/her own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up to date.
- Invests effort to individually coach others.
- Builds collaborative teams across the organization.
- Communicates openly keeping everyone across the organization informed.
- Resolves conflicts across the department by helping others find common ground.
- Ensures expected quality standards are met consistently; Minimizes risks associated with departmental projects by observing established instructions and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years or related experience.
- Passion for technology, a curious mind, and an entrepreneur mindset.
- Expert in back-end and front-end application development.
- Hands on experience in client/server and object-oriented software development utilizing Java/J2EE, Spring (Boot), Angular 6+, JSON, MQ, JMS, REST API, DB2, and Oracle DBs, Linux
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins.
- Proven track record with WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss or other Application servers
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases including DB2, Oracle and ORM frameworks like Mybatis, Hibernate.
- Proficiency in various phases of the system development life cycle including project planning, analysis, design, development, and testing
- Solid focus on software testing with Junit, Mockito, Jasmine, Karma.
- Demonstrable experience in software development using CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Nexus or similar)
- Familiarity with different software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Works well as part of team. Self-motivated, tenacious learner
- Curious and agile mindset
- Strong communicator who is a self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Able to support multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to provide adequate guidance & governance to project teams during component integration
- Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Experience with AWS (EC2, Kinesis, Route53, S3, CloudWatch) is a plus
- Experience with Kafka/Solace is a plus.
- Experience in Financial industry a plus
- Experience in Mainframe is a big plus
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
This company safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industrys needs and were working to continually improve the worlds most resilient, secure, and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost, and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle. We proudly support Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, youll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A career with us is more than a good way to earn a living. Its the chance to make a difference at a company thats truly one of a kind.