Lead Software Engineer (Java, J2ee, J2se) - Tampa
Tampa , FL 33603
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Lead Software Engineer (Java, J2EE, J2SE) - Tampa
Tampa, FL 33603/ Dallas, TX 75203/ Boston, MA 02110/ McLean, VA 22101Must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
- The Development family is responsible for creating, designing, deploying, and supporting applications, programs, and software solutions.
- This includes research, new development, prototyping, modification, reuse, re-engineering, maintenance, or any other activities related to software products used internally or externally on product platforms supported by the firm.
- The software development process requires in-depth expertise in existing and emerging development methodologies, tools, and programming languages.
- Software Engineers work closely with business partners and/or external clients in defining requirements and implementing solutions.
- The Software Engineering role specializes in planning, documenting technical requirements, designing, developing, and testing all software systems and applications for the firm.
- They work with architects, product managers, project management, and end-users in the development and enhancement of existing software systems and applications, proposing and recommending solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Work with the Business System Analyst to ensure designs satisfy functional requirements
- Partner with Infrastructure to identify and deploy optimal hosting environments
- Tune application performance to eliminate and reduce issues
- Research and evaluate technical solutions consistent with company technology standards
- Align risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Apply different software development methodologies dependent on project needs
- Contribute expertise to the design of components or individual programs, and participate in the construction and functional testing
- Support development teams, testing, troubleshooting, and production support
- Create applications and construct unit test cases that ensure compliance with functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with peers to mature ways of working, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- 4+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience in both front end and/or back-end application development
- Experience to include the following technologies: Java (J2EE, J2SE), Spring, CSS, Angular and/or React, Postgres and Oracle DBs, solid understanding of AWS services and Unix.
- Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins.
- Experience with Distributed Ledger Technology Preferred. Python scripting skills, AWS developer or solutions architect certification a plus.
- Knowledge of various software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Champions a culture where honesty and transparency are expected
- Stays current on changes in his/her own specialist area and seeks out learning opportunities to ensure knowledge is up-to-date
- Invests effort to individually coach others.
- Builds collaborative teams across the organization.
- Communicates openly keeping everyone informed.
- Passion for technology innovation, a curious mind, and an entrepreneurial mentality.
1. 4+ years of related experience
2. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
3. Experience in both front end and/or back-end application development
4. Experience to include the following technologies: Java (J2EE, J2SE), Spring, CSS, Angular and/or React, Postgres and Oracle DBs, solid understanding of AWS services and Unix.
5. Experience using the following tools: GIT, Bit Bucket, Jira, Maven, Jenkins.
6. Experience with Distributed Ledger Technology Preferred. Python scripting skills, AWS developer or solutions architect certification a plus.
7. Knowledge of various software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
8. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.