Molex Savage , MN 55378
The production lead position has direct ownership of the throughput, quality, safety, 6s, personnel work delegation, processes, and efficiencies. This position reports to the Production Supervisor. The expectation for this role is that lead responsibilities will take approximately 25% of the time. The other 75% of the time, Lead should be working on their assigned work for the day on the production floor.
1.Effectively move work orders through each operation;
Ensure that each operation /operator are meeting daily expectation
Manage appropriate schedule from planning and do not deviate from the committed schedule unless the change is approved by the Production Supervisor or planning. (Update schedule if needed due to unavailable inventory or equipment down)
Directly communicate priority and expectation of completions to the team
Drive efforts to resolve any engineering or maintenance issues
Contact maintenance and complete requests
Contact engineering as soon as issue is identified
Inform your Supervisor when you cannot get the needed support or resolution from these support groups
2.Set daily priorities and work load expectations with employees;
Ensure that employees understand the daily workload expectations and priorities (efficiencies -rates are being achieved)
Assure that each employee records work activities on SAP Work Order Traveler or QCBD Travelers/FM correctly, test results are within spec, retains are available if require per MP, inventory adjustments if needed and confirm work order into SAP. All finished product / rolls have accept tags before moving to next operation.
Inventory accuracy -Ensure inventory being pulled or put back to and from the warehouse are correct and labeled properly. No inventory from finish jobs should be on the production floor.
Initiate NCMR Tags from QCBD for any work order exceeding 10% fallout at each process or NON- conforming products.
Monitor employee progress throughout the day to assure that commitments will be achieved escalate any exceptions to planning and supervisor immediately
3.Drive and own any NCMR quality related issues;
Assure that NCMR Tag is initiated and the material is put in the MRB area.
Communicate the issues to the appropriate project, process, or quality engineer
Drive timely resolution: Escalate any needs for support in accomplishing this to your supervisor
Communicate all scrap or shortage with Supervisor
4.Attend weekly Production scheduling meeting;
Communicate the previous week performance
Provide corrective action or catch-up plan if targets are not achieved
Commit to planners of completion goals
Review any quality issues and your corrective action plans
Identify bottlenecks and / or needs for support
Monitor the training of new hires by conducting weekly check-ins and making sure that training checklists are initiated and maintained
Ensure that employees are certified to perform any task that you assign them
Work with employees to identify any needs SAP/QCBD traveler changes or modifications. Communicate any needed changes through the Request for Document Change Form process.
Train team on process changes to existing process (Revision change)
Own your processes by ensuring that the documentation for all procedures is correct and easily understood by all. Communicate any needed changes through the Request for Document Change Form process
Assure that all equipment PM's are performed when scheduled
Initiate plans to cover any pre-scheduled absences
6.6S and Safety;
Follow 6S guidelines and consistently improve the scores in production area
Set expectation to the team and follow up
6S team lead in other assigned area
Attend monthly Safety committee and complete any assigned task
Monitor and create a safe working environment
7.Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.