Lead Medical Technologist Night Shift
Gaston , SC 29053
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Section Lead Technologist
This associate assumes technical responsibility for a clinical section of the laboratory. They are responsible for ensuring that all persons working in the department are properly trained and competent. They also ensure that the department meets all regulatory requirements. They work in close contact with the Clinical Lab Manager in the day-to-day operations.
- Acts as a resource person and provides technical advice to physician, nursing and laboratory associates in clinical laboratory procedures
- Demonstrates a current working knowledge of routine and special procedures in their section of the laboratory.
- Monitors quality control and quality assurance processes in the department
- Identifies errors and brings them to the attention of the Clinical Lab Manager
- Coordinates orientation and training of new associates with the Clinical Lab Manager
- Assists in the annual review of Clinical Lab policies and procedures for their section
- Writes and updates procedures in their department
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are being met for department section
- Participates in the lab continuous quality improvement plan
- Provides documentation necessary for any required corrective action or education
- Facilitates training and education on new equipment and procedures
- Ensures that the appropriate competencies are completed annually, bi-annually, and first 90-days.
- Monitor performance on proficiency testing surveys in the department section and provide education when needed.
- Meet continuing education requirements to remain current in area of expertise
- Training in a qualified Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technology program.
- 2 years of experience in the department for which they will be responsible. Must be able to demonstrate competency in the area.
- Registered by the American Society for Clinical Pathology or an equivalent registry preferred.