Lead Mechanical Engineer
Somerville , MA 02145
Posted 4 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SparkCharge is a fast-growing cleantech start-up that is reducing barriers to Electric Vehicle (EV) adoption. We design, manufacture, and sell portable, Level III charging systems for EVs. We also provide Charging-as-a-Service (CaaS) through our mobile app Currently, which allows EV owners to schedule charge delivery to wherever their vehicle is located. SparkCharge earned $1MM investments on Shark Tank in 2020, and from New York State in 2019.Lead Mechanical Engineer Role
As the Lead Mechanical Engineer at SparkCharge, you will be leading the mechanical team developing the next generation of portable electric vehicle chargers. You will work closely with the electrical, systems, testing, and project management teams to guarantee product success. The Lead Mechanical Engineer will oversee the ME team and help develop junior engineers. This position will report to The Director of Engineering.
- Work with the Director of Engineering and the Engineering Project Manager to drive product requirements, maintain design conformance to them, and track required changes.
- Develop the mechanical design of next generation EV charging systems and drive designs from concept to product launch.
- Drive the effort to design for manufacturability and mass production.
- Generate high quality 3D models and 2D drawings using Solidworks.
- Document Engineering Changes via ECO process.
- Develop mechanical and system requirements based on best practices and industry regulations/certifications.
- Work with a cross-functional team consisting of Electrical, Firmware, Test, Systems Engineers.
- Mentor and develop the skills of junior engineers, providing technical support when needed.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to Develop yearly budgets.
Candidates must have:
- 8+ years in a mechanical engineering role.
- Minimum of bachelors of science in mechanical engineering or equivalent technical field.
- Understanding of ASME Y14.5 GD&T.
- Experience using Solidworks or another professional level CAD package such as Catia, NX, or PTC Creo.
- Experience with Sheet Metal design.
- Experience designing products with active cooling systems.
- Experience using a FEA package such as Solidworks Simulation, ANSYS, or COMSOL.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Experience driving and maintaining PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems
- Experience driving, maintaining, or participating in product DFMEA
- Experience designing products to UL/ETL/CE standards.
- Experience designing products for medium volume production, high volume production a plus.
Additional "Plus" experiences include:
- 2+ years in an industry such as automotive, aerospace, or high-power equipment
- 2+ years of experience working with Lithium-Ion batteries or high-power electrical equipment
- Previous startup experience
- Experience designing products for mass production (QTY 10,000+)
We are a fast-moving, young start-up, building a culture based on our values of togetherness, ownership, passion, resilience and respect. This position qualifies for unlimited PTO. The Company pays 99% of the dental and vision and over 90% of medical insurance premiums for employees. We offer FSA savings and 401(k) plans. Compensation will be based on the candidates ability to quickly add value to SparkCharge.
At SparkCharge, we offer fair and equal opportunities to all our candidates and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability status, parental status protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. SparkCharge believes in hiring individuals only based on their qualifications and experiences that meet our business requirements to fill the positions.