Karya is looking for a Maintenance Lead to join the team at our Casa Del Mar property in North Houston.
This role requires a bilingual candidate with HVAC, plumbing ,and gate repair experience and certs. This position will work Monday- Friday (8:30am- 5:30pm), and will also need to be on call. The role will pay $20-$23 per hour.
The Lead Maintenance Technician supports and assists the maintenance staff by providing directing and coaching team, assisting in completing work orders, conducting property inspections, opening new properties, and overseeing capital improvements.
• Expert knowledge of machines and tools, including designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• High level of commitment to safety and security
• Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
• Demonstrated independent work initiative and sound judgement
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds. At times, this position requires hard hats, and hazardous material protective apparel to be worn.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work is performed outside, not in an environmentally controlled environment.
The noise level in the work environment is between moderate and loud in the reduction area and construction sites.
Salary range will depend on experience with PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, & Basic Life Insurance.
Karya Property Management